Recent content by matkisson

1. M

983DCT in an R740 or R750

All good. They definitely would
  2. M

R730 I didn't have any issues. I see where your going but the 740 and 750 actually disable the device
  3. M

So, I have seen this issue on both R740 and R750. I understand the reason but can't find a work around. I'm using a supermicro dual nvme adapter and bifurcating the pci slot to x4. The dell bios will kick back that there's a pcie link training issue and essentially shit the bed. Anyone have...
  4. M

QuestionTesla P100 bracket

Wasn't really sure where to put this so hoping an admin can move this if needed. Anyone know of a single slot pci bracket that would fit a tesla p100?
  5. M

Somewhat insulated desktop case?

Fractal Design Define R5. It's a bit big but drives and everything running I can barely hear it sitting about 4 feet from me.
  6. M

Looking for chassis

So, I don't know if this is in the right area. I am looking for a chassis that can take 4 asus hyper m.2 cards or 2 at a minimum. I know the system needs to support bifurcation. I would prefer a 1u or 2u system. Having atleast 1 additional slot for a 10/40Gb NIC would be ideal but overall not...
  7. M

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

Ironically this was the first thread I saw in here today and perfect timing. Just snagged 2 Dell wyse 3040s (4c 2GB ram 16GB storage) for my home network so I can separate it from my play zone. Looking to install Ubuntu server and pi hole on both then a few small services for the family. I'm...
  8. M

RHEL8 VDO NAS Performance

Well, after about 6 months of operation (and a few drive failures) I can honestly say this thing is a champ. Heres a quick run down of changes from the initial design and reasons. First and foremost, I ended up swapping out the backplane to the CSE-216 chassis. The backplane with the expander...
  9. M

Cisco Nexus 3064 firmware

Got a 3064PQ-10GX off ebay a while back. Unfortunately, its on nxos version 6.0.2 U6. Anyone happen to have a version 7 or 9 file on hand?
  10. M

Adding PCIe/M.2 SSD to DL180 G6

If you are looking to boot from the drive, its out of the question for the G6. I have seen operating systems detect and use m.2 drives on PCIE 2.0 (hit or miss on some boards), but you wont get anywhere near the speeds the drive may advertise. As far as the adapter, just use something that works...
  11. M

DRAM less SSD for ZIL

If PLP is something you are looking for check out the (SM953 $60). I just ordered 6 of them from that seller and all had minimal usage (~1800-1900 power on hours, and only <100GB written)
  12. M

I have though about NUMA but I need to get into the BIOS to change some tings there. The CPU is looking like the likely culprit, and possibly the 1333Mhz RAM. Unfortunately the onboard 2308 is not playing nice with RHEL8 so for the moment I have an HP H240 in the chassis connected to the SAS...
  13. M

In case it helps, kicked off a clone of a VM on one of the servers. The drives are capable of much high speeds than 384MB/s per drive. You can see the CPU spike when data is incoming.
  14. M

VDO - A look at VDO, the new Linux compression layer Similar (I know its different) to XFS file system compression/dedupe. The VDO is on a software raid. Im not concerned about the 24x2TB array (typo), thats just general file storage. Im trying to see if anyone knows about the mechanism behind...
  15. M

I just built a 'custom' NAS using RHEL8 in a CSE-216 chassis. Hardware is: 2x2630L v2 96GB PC3-10600R Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD 8x1TB BX500 (Raid5) **Will be scaled to 2x24TB** 3x480GB SM953 (Raid5) ** Currently adding 3 more once they arrive** NFS and SMB are working great but I am curious...