Recent content by MathieuP

1. M

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

as far as i know, the lb6m out there are cli only. the fasthpath image does not contain a webgui.
  2. M

Quanta LB6M / TurboIron 24x slow transfers

i reverted to the fasthpath firmware this morning (v1.2.0.18) and i can with the exact same configuration, same optics, same cables get north of 9gbits/sec through the Quanta. paging @fohdeesha perhaps you have an idea what may cause this?
  3. M

Quanta LB6M / TurboIron 24x slow transfers

Hello fellow STH friends I'm having a really weird issue here and i hope one of you can help me with it. here's my setup Dell 6248 with XFP 10gb optics namely xg1 and xg2 (aka the dell) Quanta LB6M flashed to Brocade's Turborion v7 using the guide at brokaide.com . (aka the quanta) 4 VLANs...
  4. M

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

another switch successfully flashed to v7. thanks for the guide!
  5. M

WTB: Managed L3 switch

i have a Dell Powerconnect 6248. its been modded so the fans are very quiet and it has 2x10Gb XFP uplinks. There is a gui but i've never actually used it. Let me know if that could interest you.
  6. M

10Gb SFP+ single port = cheaper than dirt

good morning! any of you using the 671798-001 (mellanox connectx-2) in HP DL380G6 servers? if so, how do they sound? G6's are very picky when it comes to "non-hp" cards and sometimes will simply run the fan at full speed. thanks,
  7. M

yes it will happens for sure. bugs will be bugs. hackers will be hackers. even computers not connected to each other can be hacked. Researchers Hack Air-Gapped Computer With Simple Cell Phone /me put tinfoil hat on and hide under desk :)
  8. M

Dell 8024f or Quanta LB6M?

imho, i would get the 8024f, especially for that price. it looks like a more complete switch and Dell's online is pretty complete. if you are coming from a cisco/juniper background, the cli can get hard to get used to, but its somewhat easy to understand ( i have some pc6248, m6220, 55xx...
  9. M

that is how i would connect it. the risk of having your lan compromised because you bridge your hypervisor between your dmz and your lan is low, in my opinion. i believe most sysadmin/network admin connect their system the same, at least that is how i connect mine, and how my friends do as...
  10. M

sure, if you have 4 10gig, then 2 10gig to LAN, and 2 10gig to DMZ. or 3x10gig to LAN and 1 10gig to dmz. at this point the connection to the DMZ doesn't really matter as you only have less than 1gbps to the "outside" world.
  11. M

here is a diagram of my home network, networking wise. i have simplified the server connection but they are 4x HP DL380 G6 with 4 gig nics in each + 1gig for IPMI (iLO) at each site. most of the storage is local, except 1 380 has an MSA70 attached to it.
  12. M

sorry i forgot to put it on the diagram, technically behind your R630 you should have 1x idrac (left most), 2x 1gb and 2x sfp+ (10gig) so the idrac shoud be wired to your lan switch, 1 of the 2 gig connection wired to the lan switch (for hypervisor management) and the other one to the DMZ...
  13. M

well, mspaint may not be appropriate for network diagrams but that is all i have atm.. assuming a Dell R630 network connection with 2x 1gig and 2x10gig, (+1x 100mb/1gig for idrac), 2x10gig to your LB6M/Core 1x1gig to one 3300 (Lan) 1x1gig to another 3300 (DMZ) 1xidrac to one 3300 (mgmt) 1x...
  14. M

sure, let me see what i can do with my mad mspaint skillz :) in the meantime, i'm assuming the routing between your dmz and internal LAN is done by your watchguard/pfsense right? then you will at best route 7-800mbits/sec between internal and DMZ so IMHO, no need for a 10gig connection here...
  15. M

i'm not sure why you would want to share your SAN in your DMZ. maybe i'm not getting the full picture in my head but hey.. its 8 here and i still havent drank a full cup of black liquid gold so.. i have a similar setup here, i have a couple of hosts (vmware) that have a dedicated network card...