Recent content by Mastakilla

1. M

LOG device on an encrypted pool = single point of failure? Can't unlock pool anymore after loosing SLOG...

* Don't use the GUI to export / disconnect a pool that is using manually created partitions, as TrueNAS only supports full disk pools * It's ok to unlock the pool via CLI for emergencies (but I guess you wanted me to say that you shouldn't use multi-partitioned disks for creating pools in...
  2. M

LOG device on an encrypted pool = single point of failure? Can't unlock pool anymore after loosing SLOG...

Here is what made my data available again (not sure if TrueNAS is still 100% healthy, but that’s a worry for later) Below steps made my pool visible / available again in CLI (unlock each HDD, one by one) geli attach -k /data/geli/012fff85-1065-49d7-a500-a4efe62e27a8.key...
  3. M

Hi, I am running TrueNAS 12 on my server and had some issues with data corruption recently which caused me to temporarily remove my Intel Optane from my server. After finding out the issues were caused by a broken CPU, I replaced the CPU and wanted to re-include my Intel Optane. But something...
  4. M

Wanted: 9207-8i (or equivalent) in Europe

fyi: It seems like the root cause was a broken CPU. After replacing the CPU (first temporarily with my desktops Ryzen, later by RMAing it for a new Ryzen 3600), the problems are gone. So the problem was not caused by TrueNAS <-> AMD incompatibility. Although perhaps not perfect, my experience...
  5. M

I'm certainly not planning on using my desktops non-ECC memory in my NAS permanently :) Only as a test, temporarily, to see if it solves that filesystem data corruption issue / reboots. I know ZFS prefers ECC memory and I certainly plan to keep on using ECC memory once I get this shit solved...
  6. M

Thanks a lot for trying to help!! Much appreciated!! I also suspected that the memory could be the issue from the start, which is why I went as far as validating that ECC error reporting works, by overclocking my memory (and yes, it does work and ECC memory errors are reported when they occur)...
  7. M

I certainly wish I would never have to replace my HBA ever, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case... :confused: I'm not sure where you found that the M391A4G43MB1-CTD are RDIMM or LRDIMM. As far as I could find, both of them are the same and they are both UDIMM. Here some sources...
  8. M

So the issue isn't the HBA, as even after replacing my Dell H310 with an LSI 9207-8i, I still have the data corruption issue... :(
  9. M

I just bought 2nd hand "Broadcom 9207-8i SAS2308 6G SATA SAS HBA PCIe x8 3.0 LSI RAID IT Dell 0VGXKD" for 100 euro. All "so-called-new" HBAs came from UK or non-EU and it would probably take ages to get them shipped to EU around this time. My pool is already degraded and I need a solution...
  10. M

Perhaps it's the type instead of the country of origin then? My current HBA is also a Dell Perc H310 and is having similar problems as yours did. Problem is that it is very hard to know what's "new" and what's "so-called-new" or 2nd hand.
  11. M

First one I paid about 50 euro, but I screwed that one up myself (I ran it without active cooling and I accidently broke of a resistor). Although it still worked, I didn't trust my data with it anymore. Second one I paid about 65 euro. The seller was open and told me he bought them from Hong...
  12. M

Hi all, Where can I buy one of these HBAs from a reliable source in Europe? This would be my 3rd HBA in less than a year already, so I've already noticed first hand the kind crap that is generally being sold... I would prefer if it is a brand new / original (if those still exist) or that comes...
  13. M

Is the APC Smart-UPS 1000VA a good buy for a silent UPS?

The SUA1000UXI model got sold in meantime :/ What's left is a SMC1500I for now. I guess I have the same questions about that one ;)
  14. M

"Connect using different credentials" on Windows 10 doesn't work

I've created below bug for this issue: https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-107635
  15. M

Is the APC Smart-UPS 1000VA a good buy for a silent UPS?

Hi, I just found a 2nd hand APC Smart-UPS 1000VA (SUA1000UXI) with brand new batteries, which I'm considering to use for my FreeNAS server. In the NUT compatibility list (Network UPS Tools - Hardware compatibility list) this UPS is labeled as the worst possible: But what does this mean? *...