1. markpower28

VMware 6.7U3 NVMe Storage Issue

try install windows first see if the drive show up
  2. markpower28

VMware 6.7U3 NVMe Storage Issue

Try this VMware Knowledge Base
  3. markpower28

Napp-IT/OmniOS iSER Target

Thank you @gea ! I am running bare-metal for OmniOS and I do not have @StevenDTX 's issue. I am familiar with Solaris' RDMA requirement for IB which is why I moved away from Solaris based ZFS to Linux based ZFS (not as good) in the past two years due to lack of support for Ethernet support...
  4. markpower28

omniosce-r151034 support Mellanox ConnectX-4/5/6 out of the box
  5. markpower28

Is there possible to enable iSER on OmniOS? I was able to get standard iSCSI working with ESXi, but no luck with iSER. What's the best way to create an iSER target? (if needed) OmniOS Build - omniosce-r151034 NIC: Mellanox ConnectX-4 Napp-IT: 19.12 Client ESXi 7.0 NIC: Mellanox Connect 3 with...
  6. markpower28

ConnectX3 VPI on Solaris/Omnios

very exciting news, is that means RDMA (iSER) finally comes to the stable platform for ZFS? :)
  7. markpower28

Advice on vSAN networking : Infiniband

IB is not supported for vSphere 6.7. mellanox stop making IB drivers for vSphere. The Arista 7050QX switch a very popular switch at STH for 40Gbe.
  8. markpower28

Do you have to use a cache tier with vSAN?

Correct, that's the current requirement.
  9. markpower28

Do you have to use a cache tier with vSAN?

Good question, that's the current architecture.
  10. markpower28

Citrix / Remote Desktop Licensing

Do you have RSS license server up and running? Maybe a good question for citrix support forum.
  11. markpower28

First production batches of Dell M630 motherboards used DDR3?

Intel did make E5-2400 V3 uses DDR3. I haven't seen any system configured that way uet
  12. markpower28

Storage Spaces Alerts?

SS alerts are in the Windows event logs. Any of the windows event monitoring tool will do such as SCOM. Or you can try the procedure below. Step-by-Step: How to Trigger an Email Alert from a Windows Event that Includes the Event Details using Windows Server 2016
  13. markpower28

ZFS iSER SAN

I would stay with Mellanox ConnectX-4 and above.