Recent content by Magnus

1. M

Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

Real or fake as long as it does the job as expected and last that's all that counts in the end
  2. M

Does look legit :) Although considering the parts now are so cheap even most of the knock offs are up to spec and capable of doing the job. For once we benefit by progress rather then get burnt by it.
  3. M

Its getting quite hard to find real ones as they aren't made anymore. That said the knock offs aren't all junk since the parts are so cheap they tend to use the real hardware. (some still do cheap out ) Some well indeed die after a few months and others behave just like the original but sadly...
  4. M

I clearly picked up a fake last year for 10 bucks and its been working perfectly fine but the layout if different in some ways It almost looks like some of the parts are from a genuine one and others dont look the same at all like the real one in the back lol.
  5. M

FreeNAS Corral Canned – Development Essentially Halted for Now

Sadly we wont be dropping a awe inspiring codebase since our business was interested in buy from truenas not making our own. Like you we value stability but there has to be some kind of development to keep up with the every changing demands of business and users. As for the new kids on the...
  6. M

Its office politics it hits most business and combine that with a few bad path choices with corral , plus someone deciding he had enough and wanting a change. Its totally understandable why falling back to the legacy code is something they want to do but it carries a large risk. If they don't...
  7. M

Now what becomes of it is anyone's guess. Falling back into the old ways and just bolting on features to the legacy code is one path. Another is if the users speak loudly enough that that it evolves into something more corral was trying to reach for. Jails are going to have to go since...
  8. M

Corral reasons for being canned are all valid but not the real reason it got canned. There was office politics going on with the old crowd wanting to stay with the legacy code and others pushing for new development. The latter understood you can't simple remain stagnant as freesnas 9.3/9.10...