Recent content by macboy80

1. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I left it running as I researched, first that the usb-serial drivers were updated and then as I tried to find information on the power light not coming up. It was certainly more than 5 mins and probably more than 10 mins. Yes. The cable is the one that came with the unit from the seller. A...
  2. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have just received my first ICX 6450-48P. I'm fairly savvy with tinkering, however I cannot get the serial connection to come up. My worry is that something more sinister is afoot. When powering on, the fans come up, very loud like full speed, and never go down, however the only lights that...
  3. M

Firmware package for Samsung SM883/MZ7KH3T8HALS

Yea. Samsung is and odd one for sure. I'm just gonna go along for the ride. This appears to be one of those leave the firmware until its needed things. root@:~# nvme id-ctrl -H /dev/nvme0n1 NVME Identify Controller: vid : 0x144d ssvid : 0x144d sn : S48CNC0N401307L mn ...
  4. M

HITACHI HUH728080AL5200 8TB 7200rpm 3.5IN SAS HDD (2015) $49

I'm not sure if this is a great deal or not, but I thought it'd be nice to share the information from the seller... "Grade A" 100% Health... He checked several labels for 2015 manufactured date. Ebay
  5. M

I've run every command I can find, and they all list the name instead of model number. xxx:~# smartctl -x /dev/nvme1n1 smartctl 7.3 2022-02-28 r5338 [x86_64-linux-6.8.4-2-pve] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-22, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org === START OF INFORMATION...
  6. M

I too am interested in some guidance on the PM983, if it exists at all. My (2) u.2 drives have the EDA5302Q firmware, but nvme-cli reports the "mn: Samsung SSD 983 DCT 960GB". The model number on the label is "MZQLB960HAJR" but is missing the 5 digits after the dash. There are truly only a few...
  7. M

Innodisk SATADOM-SL 3IE3 V2 Firmware

Thank you @Go0oSeR and @Gamber! I was unable to get CentOS 7 to boot on my server (and had no power cables to use a different system.) It did, however, work perfectly on Ubuntu 18.04. FYI for those reading: The third step of the flashing (Build map ........ Pass !!) takes long enough to make...
  8. M

Generic (POEPLUS) Switch from AliE (Resembles Hasivo) - Common sense

Hi all. I'm new to some of this, and while looking around Ali, I saw this switch that looks a lot like the Hasivo. They seem to be somewhat less expensive. I am just wondering if there are any common sense rules to have a reasonably confident guess if they're the same inside? I hope that makes...
  9. M

Thanks. I definitely used 20.04. I may try this once I get PBS going, but I think I'm good to roll with the S740305N. I'll advise if it ended up working.
  10. M

I just purchased 2x with the S740305N firmware. In advance, I had gathered the new firmware and instructions to be prepared (Thasnks! Go0oSeR.) When i decided to go ahead and do the flash to the latest, I was faced with an error message from mp_64 claiming "flash not supported." This was done...