Recent content by lowfat

1. lowfat

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

Received a couple of these today. 1.262PB written on one and 1.201PB on the other.
  2. lowfat

Budget Wifi6 APs

I agree that setup was terrible. The instructions clearly stated the password yet it would just not work. Ended up having to do a factory reset during install. And also the fact that I cannot connect to the AP via dns host name is stupid. Have a few issues w/ a couple clients that will just...
  3. lowfat

Budget Wifi6 APs

Looking at replacing my two older APs with a WiFi 6 capable AP. Currently have a Ruckus R500 + an UBNT AP-AC-PRO. Would have ditched the AP-AC-PRO but I have issues w/ ESPHome ESP32s + the Ruckus. And now the Ruckus is dropping every client randomly until I reboot it. I live in a small single...
  4. lowfat

Radian RMS-200 $99/OBO

Using a ramdisk for an SLOG is useless. SLOG = second intent log. There is already an intent log being written to ram. An SLOG is just a backup in case of power loss. But enabling it slows the LOG to the speed of the SLOG. With the above solution you get near DRAM level of performance for an...
  5. lowfat

SFP+ to 10Gbase-T Adapters - Running at 2.5G?

From my comment on the YT video. Also I don't know if the Mitrotik actually performs better. I haven't seen anyone test it. The Aquantia AQS-107 supports 2.5/5G but it is EOL so buying a genuine one will be pricey. There are some 2.5G capable regular SPF transceivers. Haven't tested them...
  6. lowfat

Mix 10G 2.5G, slow speed, high Retr

4Gbit I believe. TP Link sells a 2.5G one in China. I've seen other generic ones available. https://www.tp-link.com.cn/product_1959.html
  7. lowfat

Mix 10G 2.5G, slow speed, high Retr

I've had the same issues. I ended up just using 10GbE or 1GbE. I have seen some 2.5G SFP (not +). Anyone know if these work?
  8. lowfat

storage gold rush?

You could still run like 3 or so plots at a time w/ 1TB of ram.
  9. lowfat

Need advice for: USB C M.2 SATA enclosure

I bought a Orico from Aliexpress for about $23 CAD (~$18USD). The 10Gbps version uses an RTL9210. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001297316228.html
  10. lowfat

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

So you are currently booting off the ioDrive 2? Have you performed an unsafe shutdown to see how it handles it?
  11. lowfat

3D Printed Open Mid Tower

Width would be pretty easy to fix if you don't need a massive heatsink and 180mm fans.
  12. lowfat

Making a 10G SFP+ switch Nbase-T capable?

I do believe its the transceiver that negotiates the link speed, not the switch itself.
  13. lowfat

Making a 10G SFP+ switch Nbase-T capable?

There has been a bunch of testing here by members of these modules to see if they could work @ 2.5/5G. And AFAIK none actually perform well at these speeds. I tried the Ipolex module, and there are others who have tried a number of the other modules. I was getting insane amount of retries. I...
  14. lowfat

No problem. https://grabcad.com/library/open-frame-atx-mid-tower-1
  15. lowfat

Actual print time was maybe a day or two. Not including reprints. Designing and post processing though, took hundreds of hours. Everything was printed on a Prusa MK3S w/ a few mods.