Recent content by link470

1. L

New 1U pfSense build - Can't decide on hardware

You're absolutely right, my apologies. I had the list of parts on my mind so much that I completely forgot that. It needs to be able to handle traffic from a relatively small number of devices (less than 50) on a 150/150 connection, which may be a 300/300 connection down the road. The biggest...
  2. L

New 1U pfSense build - Can't decide on hardware

I'm working on a new pfSense build to replace a SuperMicro 1U D525 build (which of course, doesn't have AES-NI support and will therefore be incompatible with future pfSense releases). I've decided on the SuperMicro SC505-203B as the case because of the front facing I/O. Comes with a PSU...
  3. L

SuperMicro X7SPE-HF-D525 - Cooling Suggestions?

Ah, ok. Sounds like my situation. An enclosed rack, in a closed home closet. Good to know! I think I'll try the "Noctua in the ceiling of the rack" thing and see how that goes for noise and air throughput. Wasn't sure if I was damaging components by having the chip be that high, but I was...
  4. L

SuperMicro X7SPE-HF-D525 - Cooling Suggestions?

Hi everyone, I saw that some of you had experience with the X7SPE-HF-D525 motherboard and I figured I'd sign up! I have this motherboard in a 1U short depth SuperMicro rack case sitting inside a wall mounted enclosed rack. Apart from a few random issues, this board has been great for the few...