Recent content by legopc

1. legopc

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

Yes sort-of but I think its not the solution you were looking for. I bought some Samsung M393A2K40BB1-CRC0Q DIMMs which are 16gb 1Rx4 2400MT and they work perfectly but are not on the QVL. These are 1Rx4 instead of the 2Rx8 DIMMs I bought which were on the QVL. It even lowers the clockspeed to...
  2. legopc

By the way, at what speeds are you running those dimms at and how many do you have per node? I see those dimms have about similair specs to the ones I have other then being 32gb instead of 16gb. What im most baffled about it being able to set some speeds but not the one I need. One thing I also...
  3. legopc

I bought the modules from a Dutch secondhand seller from an IT newsite/forum, which has "sparred" with me regarding this issue and he has used them without issues in his ESXI server so I trust the seller. I do however not know here he got them from but they are huawei stickered sticks. I will...
  4. legopc

Has anyone here experienced these motherboards not taking the manual memory clocksettings? I have two dimms per server that are on the qvl, that are 2666mhz but downclock on auto to 2400. If I follow the manual I read I have to run them at 1866, but when entering 933 the systems do a couple...
  5. legopc

Aerohive (Extreme Networks) APs - No Controller Needed

Dont know if this is of any use but I have been deploying Aerohive at my previous work for years and have been using them at home for years and also deploying them at my own "clients". I have to say, these have been fantastic. Havent deployed a wide range of models, mostly just AP122's and...
  6. legopc

EU Xirrus XR-320 11ac PoE access points (SOLD)

Have you managed or had them online yet? A license from what I can see, for a single AP costs 100 buckaroos so that's a added cost or you'd have to find a way to manage them locally but I haven't looked into it that much. Id make you an offer for fun but it would be a "disrespectful" offer I'm...
  7. legopc

EU Xirrus XR-320 11ac PoE access points (SOLD)

Well they seem cool and I'd love to tinker with them but they are quite obscure indeed. They do seem pretty cool but are also for a specific use-case and management and the cost of that is always an issue with obscure stuff. Would love to have them as toy but even though they might very well be...
  8. legopc

Cisco “ip dhcp pool 20” in Arista?

Looks like the proper Arista doc is behind login. If you have it you could find it here Arista EOS Central - User Management Otherwise, it looks like these are the commands to make it work (apart from the specific configuration) dhcp server ! subnet 10.10.8.0/22 dns server...
  9. legopc

Weird Spanning tree problem I can't figure out

Tell us a little more about your current configuration and stuff like what flavor of STP you are using. If I recall correctly with STP if there is a root bridge change all ports go back to blocking and sending BPDU's.
  10. legopc

Aerohive (Extreme Networks) APs - No Controller Needed

I can attest to the quality for sure for the Aerohive AP122. Have deployed a couple hundred and none have failed yet in any way. Cloud management is a bit quirky but not bad.
  11. legopc

HomeLab Network Gear for cheap

I confer with the statements about Cisco. If you are looking for a couple of switches look for something in the neighborhood of 3560x or 3750x for l3. They are becoming dirt cheap, are super reliable, quiet, and do everything you need them to do. They also come in PoE or PoE+ and sometimes even...
  12. legopc

Got Arista 7050QX-32 (non S) - ...hmmm..., now what? Some questions, comments, issues....

If you are worried if you should send back the switch, you have already shot yourself in the foot by making those altercations. No sane seller would accept the return when they notice anything has been done with it.
  13. legopc

Chromecast on a Corp Network

The company I work for has one customer with a guest and corp wifi with Chromecasts. Works without any real issues to be honest. The Chromecasts are connected to the corp network but you can also access them from the guest network. Been some time ago and was quite the pain in the ass but still...
  14. legopc

How to Change Margins In Google Docs?

There is no need to create a topic for that. First Google result: https://www.businessinsider.nl/how-to-change-margins-in-google-docs?international=true&r=US
  15. legopc

Asus wifi firewall passing outside packets to inside network?

Is UPnP enabled on the router?