Recent content by LDighera

1. L

Minisfourm MS-01 Nvidia RTX A4000 PCIe Installation

No. It has correct barrel-jack connector.
  2. L

The power adapter came with a US plug. So far, I haven't found it necessary. But, I need to test it with some large language models. I have the Nvidia RTX 4000 SFF Ada single slot cooler | n3rdware on order. There's a video showing it installed in the Minisfourm MS-01. I'll check the power...
  3. L

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Transfer Rate With Nvidia RTX A4000AFF GPU

Thank you for bringing that PCI-e x16 one-half throughput specification to my attention. Indeed, the Serve The Home review does mention: And, Minisforum does state similarly: However, Minisforum fails to mention the PCI-e 0x8 limitation in their blog post. So, I suppose I should have seen...
  4. L

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Yaeh. I struggle with thos U-fl connectors too. I purchased two I-PEX 90435-001 MHF-4 CONNECTOR PUSH & PULL TOOL
  5. L

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Transfer Rate With Nvidia RTX A4000AFF GPU

With a Nvidia RTX A4000AFF GPU installed, Debian 12 is reporting this in the boot log: Does anyone have a suggested fix for this issue? Below are some PCIe data.
  6. L

Have you seen this real-time temperature and voltage display tool?
  7. L

Installing the Nvidia RTX A4000SFF driver on Windows 11 Professional has been even more problematic than on Linux, resulting in several reinstallation attempts. Lacking an image of the original Windows system installed on the MS-01 was evidently part of the activation problem, as using the...
  8. L

Thank you once again for your valuable input. The Nvidia RTX A4000 (desktop version) specifies 140 Watt maximum power consumption. The Nvidia RTX A4000SFF (mobile version) spec. is: 70 Watts. It is interesting that the BIOS Power Limit settings automatically change when the GPU is installed...
  9. L

You are referring to the Nvidia RTX A2000SFF, correct? The non-SFF adapters require twice as much power as the SFF adapters, I believe.
  10. L

Which page was that? This one: MinisforumClub or this one: Minisforum?
  11. L

That seems sound reasoning. So the GaN Charger for Laptop, DC 20V and Two USB C PD3.0 100W : 240W,230W,200W,180W,170W - Gaming Laptop AC Adapter simply replaces the Minisforum PS, and plugs into the MS-01 rear barrel jack. No Nvidia GPU power cable required. Cool! Without the larger PS, the...
  12. L

I'm sorry to report that I am having difficulty installing the Nvidia RTX A4000SFF driver on my Debian 12 Bookworm system. First, I installed the driver from the Debian repository, but it failed to produce video. So, I attempted to install the driver from the Nvidia link in my previous post...
  13. L

Thank you very much for the information you have so kindly provided. The Nvidia RTX A4000SFF is running without a problem so far. From the data sheet, it only requires 70 Watts. I searched for compatible power cables for it, but failed to find anything including on the Nvidia site. What...
  14. L

Minisfourm MS-01 Nvidia RTX A4000 PCIe Installation No additional power is required to operate the Nvidia RTX A4000SSF GPU in the MS-01. I'm in the midst of configuring ... Below are some of the documents to guide others who may want to go down this road:: Nvidia RTX A400SFF Data Sheet...
  15. L

Indeed, I received this e-mail message from Minisforum indicating that they have been on a break: However, the lack of a Minisforum MS-01 support forum is still an issue. Perhaps they'll get around to configuring their BBS at some point. Larry