Recent content by Layla

1. Layla

WTB: Quiet/Silent Rack in Boston Area

Bump, still looking! Thanks for the recommendations guys, didn't know CL had alerts - just set them up.
  2. Layla

H11DSi with Dual Epyc failing to boot Windows Server install (2016 and 2019)

Sorry for the delayed reply; I didn't see a notification. I think I'm using 3x40mm fans on VRMs. I get about 65-85*C on the VRMs depending upon load. CPUs (Noctua NH-U14S) seem to be about 40-70*C, if I recall correctly. I haven't had any alarms yet; but, I did have the system go black and be...
  3. Layla

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

That board looks perfect! The board many of us were waiting for but gave up waiting and bought the H11DSi! Looks like I'll be selling my system and building a new one once that board is out!
  4. Layla

You don't need any CPUs to flash via IPMI :)
  5. Layla

I thought I'd updated this post with the fix, but apparently not... :/ https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/finally-overclocking-epyc-rome-es.28111/post-272812
  6. Layla

H11DSi-NT Oculink Ports not working?

I believe I read that 2.1 is also incompatible with ZS (ES) processors (due to newer AGESA)? That's more than a bit disheartening to discover. I wonder if just the Oculink part can be extracted from 2.1 into 2.0?
  7. Layla

Crap, I think I should have posted this in Motherboards. Oops. If anyone can move it, please do! :)
  8. Layla

The drives do get warm, but they just don't show up anywhere as viable devices.
  9. Layla

Using Windows Server 2019, I can't seem to get the Oculink ports to detect my pm1725a SSDs, using the SuperMicro branded Occulink cables. Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas on what is required to make it work? I would have expected them to be detected in the UEFI BIOS itself.
  10. Layla

So, I just turned on IOMMU (but did not turn off Above 4G Decoding), and now my system boots again. In-case anyone else runs into this.
  11. Layla

Wanted to to the test again with SMT enabled, but the system hangs during POST with code 0x55 (Memory not installed) after changing back to SMT Enabled. Anybody encountered this? Note that I've already updated Windows Server 2019 and applied the SP3 driver package from SuperMicro.
  12. Layla

Interestingly, after installing Windows Server 2019, doing all the updates, installing the SP3 driver pack, NVIDIA drivers, etc., I just tried to re-enable SMT, and it now hangs during POST with POST code 0x55 (Memory not installed, according to...
  13. Layla

28k Cinebench R20 using High Multi-Core Preset with 128T: Settings: * SMT disabled (2xZS1406E2VJUG5 --> 128 cores/128 threads) * Otherwise default BIOS settings (IOMMU Disabled, Above 4G Enabled) * 16x sticks of DDR4 2133 memory (but one memory channel [P1-DIMMG1] not working) 30965 (~31k)...
  14. Layla

Turning off SMT gives the spinning windows startup logo over the SuperMicro BIOS screen, and then starts the Windows Server 2019 installation.
  15. Layla

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4514607/windows-server-support-and-installation-instructions-for-amd-rome-proc Seems relevant, implies that SMT should be disabled on the 64C Epyc CPUs -- I assume this means just for installation...