Recent content by larryexchange

1. L

HGST Ultrastar SN260 Diagnostic Mode - Exiting?

See my response in another thread. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/hgst-sn260-in-diagnostic-mode.24986/post-319631
  2. L

HGST SN260 in "Diagnostic Mode"?

Today I experienced the exactly same issue. After losing 2 SN100 and 1 SN150, I narrowed down the issue was due to an NMVe HBA card. Fortunately I found a way to recover those drives by activating the default firmware (read-only) in slot 1. After reboot, I can initialize and format those...
  3. L

Cheap 1U PCIe M.2 Riser - why don't they exist?

Thanks, Patrick! I will order 40 from vendor and ship to you. I will PM you and discuss the details.
  4. L

@Patrick , @abq , @nev_neo , @frogtech , how many do you want? My next trip to US is Nov. If you can't wait, probably I could ask my colleague bring some to US. But I don't trouble him too much. @Patrick , can I mail all the adapters to you? You help distribute those adapters?
  5. L

Intel NVMe/SAS3 2U Disk Enclosure w/ Oculink interface + SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-4E2P

In my previous post, I installed ICY DOCK NVMe Mobile Rack (MB994SP-4SB-1) in my DELL T7810 workstation. That workstation can support 4 NVMe U.2 drives now. I have another workstation, HP Z840, which has two 5.25" drive bays. I thought about installing two MB994SP-4SB-1 mobile racks but I find...
  6. L

Customized PCI Express Gen 3 Carrier Board for 4 M.2 SSD modules

I just received the revised board w/ a built-in fan. In this version vendor also fixed some minor issues found in the previous one. I tested the board in one of my desktop PC. Here is the temperature before enabling fan. After I plugged in the power cable of fan, the temperature dropped...
  7. L

Intel 2U NVMe Backplane Kit

Is A2U44X25NVMEDK still available? What's the latest price?
  8. L

4 Bay 2.5" NVMe U.2 SSD Mobile Rack For External 5.25" Bay - ICY Dock ToughArmor MB699VP-B

I have been using different types of ICY DOCK mobile racks for long time. Among them, ToughArmor series is my favorite. Here is MB994SP-4SB-1 in my DELL T7810 workstation. When NVMe drive and U.2 interface are getting more and more popular, I was curious why there was not NVMe mobile rack for...
  9. L

What do you think about HGST SN260 series

It's perfect for VM hosting if you could accept 3DW/D. I have one and I like it.
  10. L

It's not ready for order yet. I expect it will be available in China local market around end of this month or early of next month. I will travel to US at the end of May. I could bring some with me if it's ready at that time. I will bring limited number of the 1U M.2 riser with me. If anybody...
  11. L

Customized PCI Express Gen 3 Carrier Board for 4 M.2 SSD modules

Yes, I did. But according to manufacturer this design is more cost effective. I suggested them add a similar fan as Amfeltec board and add more space between two layers.
  12. L

It's not ready for order yet. I expect it will be available in China local market around end of this month or early of next month. I will travel to US at the end of May. I could bring some with me if it's ready at that time.
  13. L

I just got the latest version from manufacturer. Now this version can perfectly support my C6220 II. Check it out! (The bottom one in the first picture.)