Cheap 1U PCIe M.2 Riser - why don't they exist?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mlatin

Mar 22, 2018
Does anyone perchance know what site/vendor these had been available from? I'm not seeing anyone with them on eBay, and AliExpress doesn't appear to have these specific adapters- everything else I've seen appears to be slightly taller than the ones discussed here.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for 4-10 of these, depending on the pricing. Thanks!

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
They were being sold through a forum member here who had a relationship with a Chinese manufacturer. Check some of the earlier posts. Unfortunately not readily available for purchase at the moment so far as I'm aware.

mlatin

Mar 22, 2018
They were being sold through a forum member here who had a relationship with a Chinese manufacturer. Check some of the earlier posts. Unfortunately not readily available for purchase at the moment so far as I'm aware.
Yeah, I've searched to no avail through the posts here. I've PM'd @larryexchange, so hopefully he will pop around and maybe get back to me (and the thread) with info.

Thanks!

abq

May 23, 2015

larryexchange

Dec 27, 2016
Those pcie cards look great, thank you for sharing progress and design. Are you ready for orders? I'd like half dozen :) Best Regards:)[QQUOTE="larryexchange, post: 186907, member: 10260"]I just got the latest version from manufacturer. Now this version can perfectly support my C6220 II. Check it out! (The bottom one in the first picture.)
View attachment 8223 View attachment 8225 View attachment 8226 View attachment 8227 View attachment 8228
[/QUOTE]

It's not ready for order yet. I expect it will be available in China local market around end of this month or early of next month. I will travel to US at the end of May. I could bring some with me if it's ready at that time.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
It's not ready for order yet. I expect it will be available in China local market around end of this month or early of next month. I will travel to US at the end of May. I could bring some with me if it's ready at that time.[/QUOTE]

I have plenty of people in China than can take delivery or pay etc for for me as well, I will be in China again early May but not sure when after that, I am actually not in USA but have options for delivery there as well.

abq

May 23, 2015
Please let me know when you are ready, and thanks again for sharing great deal and your help.
It's not ready for order yet. I expect it will be available in China local market around end of this month or early of next month. I will travel to US at the end of May. I could bring some with me if it's ready at that time.
I have plenty of people in China than can take delivery or pay etc for for me as well, I will be in China again early May but not sure when after that, I am actually not in USA but have options for delivery there as well.[/QUOTE]

mlatin

Mar 22, 2018
The newer boards I am definitely interested in. Looks good for better clearance on some SuperMicro boards and also more variety to the M.2 length.

bateau

Jan 22, 2017
Anyone tried the latest JEYI MX16-1U (see aliexpress) cards yet? Looks like they would fit: 32mm high. Their predecessors (40mm high) did not, as I found out the hard way.

Reactions: mlatin

larryexchange

Dec 27, 2016
It's not ready for order yet. I expect it will be available in China local market around end of this month or early of next month. I will travel to US at the end of May. I could bring some with me if it's ready at that time.[/QUOTE]

I will bring limited number of the 1U M.2 riser with me. If anybody have interests, here is link.
Holchips M.2 Adapter PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 1U Riser PCI Express Carrier board v3 | eBay

I will ship after 5/20.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016

I will bring limited number of the 1U M.2 riser with me. If anybody have interests, here is link.
Holchips M.2 Adapter PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 1U Riser PCI Express Carrier board v3 | eBay

I will ship after 5/20.
Will they be manufacturing anymore?

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
Do you have any more of these ? I just discovered this thread and it would fit perfectly for my requirement - slog/zil for a freenas deployment.