Recent content by kevinds

1. K

Brocade VDX 6740

Interesting... And that is why I need to find the manuals... ;) I can't seem get it to do much.. Even 'copy running-config startup-config' gives me errors about not being available in logical-chassis mode. Knowing the above, I'll try again just doing some configurations like ip address and...
  2. K

Brocade VDX 6740

I'm missing something... Likely obvious, but I can't find it... I picked up a VDX 6740T switch that had a bad CompactFlash card.. Replaced the card with a (genuine) Transcend 8GB from Amazon, not a big deal. Mostly followed the NetInstall instructions using the 7.4.1f package, Q A: How to...
  3. K

HP switch warranty exchange experience [warning: RANT]

Yes I know it was a dead thread, but it was the most applicable. More than that, it was the only search result. Is that the confirmed reason or just a guess? If it is the real reason.. I regret having so much HP/HPE hardware around... CDW didn't have any issue shipping it here. However if...
  4. K

I finally got an answer... We requested this additional information due to security protocols that Hewlett Packard Enterprise has put in place. All non-corporate email addresses and or non-corporate shipping addresses are being asked to complete an Adobe E-Sign form, provide a full proof of...
  5. K

Found this thread with Google.. My first switch, RMA'd no problem. Second switch.. Gets interesting.. Talk to support, agree that switch as failed, so they submit for a replacement to be shipped out.. Check back the next day, and I get the OP's experience, need to 'sign' a document asking...