Recent content by Kanedo

1. K

[SOLVED]Slow speeds between two Connectx-2 machines

I have two Connect-X2 installed in two systems. I also had poor performance until I finally realized my DAC was bad. It would only get good performance when bent a certain way. I replaced the DAC with a new one and all problems went away. Now able to consistently hit 9.8Gbit both ways using...
  2. K

Supermicro 4u 24 bay chassis with SAS2 expander

HBA: Dell Perc H200 cross-flashed with LSI P19 IT firmware. Bootloader: XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5022.3 OS: DSM 5.1-5022 Update 4
  3. K

Supermicro 4u 24 bay chassis with SAS2 expander

So each of the drive bay has two LEDs - Blue for drive activity - Red for failure/rebuild Blue LED flickers when there is drive access, which seems normal enough. A friend of mine purchased this chassis and says all of his drive bays' Red LEDs are lit, even though the drives are operating...
  4. K

$30.29 OBO - HP 10GB Mellanox ConnectX-2 10GBe SFP+

Hi, I just ordered two of these cards. I plan to use one for an ESXi host and one for Linux host. I'm still fairly newb to the world of 10GbE, and would love to have you guys give me some clarity on the types of modules and cables that I should get for these cards. Can someone provide me...
  5. K

Can the Supermicro X10SLM-F use non-ECC RAM

So I got my ECC UDIMM DDR3 installed and the system booted right away. The X10SLM-F absolutely will NOT work with non-ECC memory with a Xeon processor. I'd imagine similar Supermicro boards in this series will not either. Perhaps if someone modifed the BIOS, it can probably work.
  6. K

Yes, I've tried a single stick in different slots. Same result. Reboots at post code 55 and beeps 4 times. I just ordered a single stick of DDR3 1333 2GB ECC Unbuffered, and I'll see if it will boot with the ECC module. This is rather disappointing since I have plenty of 4GB and 8GB non-ECC...
  7. K

I just installed a E3-1275v3 along with a pair of Crucial non-ECC DDR3. I can get video on screen, but it will not POST past code 55. At which point, the system beeps 4 times and reboots. Has anyone actually gotten non-ECC memory to work with this generation of Supermicro boards?
  8. K

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

Are there any OSX Mavericks support for this card?
  9. K

Cool. I'll be sure to run memtest overnight just to confirm.
  10. K

Great!!! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the confirmation.
  11. K

Hi, I just ordered a Supermicro X10SLM-F motherboard. If I get a Xeon E3-1240v3, must I use ECC memory? Will non-ECC DDR3 work as well? I have two sticks of non-ECC DDR3 lying around that I'd like to use if possible. Thanks.