Recent content by juma

1. J

FastAPI DLS and current cards

CUDA doesn't work with spoofing.
  2. J

Long Flexible M.2 to PCI Adapter?

Those riser cables are semi-flexible, but can be bent into place pretty easily. You just can't bend them over and over (cyclic loading). It's hard to see from the picture, but if the slot you want to place the new card in overlaps the motherboard, then a normal PCIE-terminated riser wont work...
  3. J

FS: [US-CA] SFF 750W, NR200P & Q58 ITX cases

Could I get a shipping estimate for the workstation to 21218?
  4. J

[WTB] [US-IL] Cheap/low power consumption GPU for the server build

I have an Nvidia Quadro T600 and an Intel Arc A380 available, PM if interested.
  5. J

Disabled temp sensors on RomeD8-2T IPMI

Hopefully those temperature readings are just wrong conversions and not actual overheating. Thanks for the cross-analysis, it looks like the M.2 SSDs are the culprit then. I've seen similar issues with ASRock consumer boards but didn't expect it on a server board.
  6. J

Interesting, did they give you a changelog for the BIOS? Yep, that one. LAN_0.83v corresponds the to the Intel X550 adapter according to the manual. I forget what the correct name should be for the Broadcom adapter.
  7. J

Had very similar issues with a ROMED8-2T/BCM with 7443P (and surprisingly 2x SN850Xs) as well. I was in contact with William from ASRock support in January about this but he hasn't gotten back since. Also had a weird issue where the BMC would be confusing temperature readings from the -2T...
  8. J

Fan connector housing and crimps

Interesting, it shows as active and in stock for all of the main US suppliers. It looks like Farnells in the UK has some, but the MOQ is pretty high.. I have a box of maybe 20 spares at the moment.. All Noctua, NMB, Foxconn, etc.. My typical process is to replace any stock fans with Sanyo...
  9. J

Fan connector housing and crimps

I use components from Würth Elektronik. Housing: 61900411621 Socket: 61900113722DEC
  10. J

Searching for small Ryzen system with 3x NVMe and ECC

Should be a pretty straightforward DIY build with a Streacom FC8 and an Asrock B550 ITX board.
  11. J

Optane P1600X 58GB $40

I use it for ZFS boot drive for a bare-metal OPNsense setup, works fine. Have another two that I will be using in for ZFS RAID1 for a Proxmox install next week, don't think there'll be any issues.
  12. J

E5v4 Xeon vs EPYC AI acceleration? (CPU utilization differences between platforms)

Yeah, you'll have to rebuild with the specific library in mind no matter what. Though you should be able to just create a new environment in Conda that uses numpy with a different math library without affecting your current setup.
  13. J

ECC RAM in AMD Ryzen Laptops?

ECC RAM requires a set of physical traces on the motherboard, which manufacturers tend to omit if not ECC support is not explicitly stated. With modern boards ECC should be automatically enabled in the BIOS if its supported by the motherboard/chipset.
  14. J

Dell Optiplex 3000 Thin Client

Innodisk M.2 ethernet adapters use DB9 spacing, the DF Robot looks like it does too. One thing to watch out for is that on Dell TMMs, there is a sheet metal mounting point that obstructs the mounting area by the AUX port slot, which is intended for Dell's own modules to latch onto. You'll...