Recent content by Juan C

1. J

[FS] Chenbro NR40700 48-Bay NAS Chassis

Sorry folks, the case sold locally through FB Marketplace.
  2. J

[FS] Chenbro NR40700 48-Bay NAS Chassis

Do you need a lot of space to attach drives? Do you live in the Seattle area? Then this is for you! This chassis and motherboard combo would make an awesome home NAS with massive expansion capabilities, you know, for all those Linux ISOs and/or Chia ;) The Chenbro NR40700 includes the following...
  3. J

WTB: Backblaze Storage Pod

I'm looking to buy a storage pod (gen 2 or 3 is ok). I'm mostly interested in the case and power supply.
  4. J

Patching Intel X520 EEPROM to unlock all SFP+ transceivers

I successfully "unlocked" an X520 card I picked up off eBay a few days ago. I used a bootable USB installation of Ubuntu 19.04, but had to apt-get install a few utilities before ethtool would run. In my case the byte value at 0x58 was identical to the one shown in @NathanA's post, so following...
  5. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

On a complete side-note, anyone know whether it's possible to configure a ConnectX-2 VPI card to connect to the Brocade via the 40Gbps connection and be configured in >10Gbps mode? <EDIT> I just figured it out. The ConnectX-2 VPI card only supports 10Gb over Ethernet and 40Gb over IB. The...
  6. J

For anyone trying to figure out why the web interface won't load anything but the port map, be sure to take a look at the getting started guide! I lost quite a bit of time because I didn't flash the newest firmware from the get-go.
  7. J

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I just picked up one of these to replace a Netgear PoE switch I'm running in the lab. Quick question, would this be a good card to connect an ESXi server to the switch? I mean, it's totally overkill, but who doesn't want 40Gbps running to their VMs? Also...