Recent content by jtreble

1. J

M.2 SATA SSD > 2TB?

I'm not sure. This is my concern though ...
  2. J

M.2 SATA SSD > 2TB?

What am I missing? I see lots of M.2 4Tb NVMe SSDs available. TIA.
  3. J

QUESTION: has any generation of the HP MicroServer had hot-swapping?

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. I've got extra 8i and 16i cards kicking around ...
  4. J

QUESTION: has any generation of the HP MicroServer had hot-swapping?

Thanks for your reply. Makes sense - I was sure I had successfully hot-swapped an HP MicroServer drive many years ago. I'm kind of surprised that functionality is not there in the Gen10s though ...
  5. J

Canada Newegg: Intel 535 480GB SATA 3 SSD $C170 (today only)

Newegg.ca "Shell Shocker". Link: Intel 535 Series 2.5" 480GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDSC2BW480H6R5 - Newegg.ca
  6. J

EU HGST 4U SAS3 12GB/s Storage Enclosure 60 bays £299

Nice find! Beautiful looking piece of kit.
  7. J

Error when running with two processors

Teng, Question: is the heatsink/fan/cooling arrangement for the second CPU OEM (i.e., provided by Quanta)?
  8. J

Canada GIGABYTE i5 SFF-PC, $340. Today only - Newegg.

A Newegg.ca (Canada) Shell Shocker special. Today only: GIGABYTE GB-BXi5H-5200-BN (rev. 1.0) 2 x 204Pin SO-DIMM Intel HD Graphics 5500 Black Mini-PC Barebone - Newegg.ca Tweaktown review (Rating: 92%): GIGABYTE BRIX s BXi5H-5200 Ultra Compact Mini PC Review
  9. J

Intel 800gb S3700

... what has kept me away from these Used OEM Datacenter SSD Ebay offers is the, potential, impossibility of updating the SSD firmware. Great buyer's guide here: Buyer's Guide to getting a used datacenter SSD inexpensively Nevertheless, at this price I'm tempted.
  10. J

RHEL Dev subscription now free

When I first read this I thought it was an elaborate April Fool's joke.
  11. J

Big day on STH!

... you have an "in" with Intel now for product/test reviews of their new offerings?
  12. J

VM-to-VM network performance with SR-IOV and eswitch vs. vswitch?

+1 for DPDK. Inter-VM network performance is a primary design focus of DPDK. Here are some supported NICs you can test with: DPDK doc
  13. J

Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Powerful Mobile Workstation Review

Canta, Sorry to hear you are having issues. We had great success with the T60 and W520. The W520, in particular, is built like a tank.