Recent content by joisey04

1. J

best disk migrate approach

I'm running a All in one server with spindles only. config is pretty much as in geas instructions: 1 x USB for booting vmware 2 x HDD for omnios vmware where rpool is mirrored with two vmdk's 3 x HDD for vmware images as zpool mirror on omnios with napp-it other zpool mirror spindles for data...
  2. J

rpool is getting full - why?

thanks gea! deleting boot env. snaps freed up some all the other things look like there is nothing to do...
  3. J

rpool is getting full - why?

Hello, i have a all-in-one installation with OmniOS. Today I had a look at the otherwise great running system and saw, that on pool, which is 20Gb big, only 1,6Gb are free. Anyone can tell me what is filling pool? How do I free space on that? Thanks!
  4. J

LAN behind WAN with pfsense

Internet Provider static IP: 1.2.3.4/30 pfsense on vmware: WAN connected via transparent WLAN bridge to internet provider pfsense on vmware: second (LAN) port connected to internal SWITCH for local network ISP Switch (1.2.3.3/30) - Bridge(192.168.2.1) ~ Bridge(192.168.2.2) - WAN Port pfsense...
  5. J

For the adsdresses: LAN: 192.168.1.0/24 WAN: 1.2.3.4/30 bridge connected in WAN: 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.2.2 I can not change addresses on WAN (internet provider)
  6. J

ok, confused now. my wireless bridge is a transparent link and essentially a cable replacement. It is the "cable" from my WAN Port to my DSL Modem. But I want to monitor the wireless bridge from inside (LAN) with nagios but can't reach it's IP over pfsense. So, I can't put the bridge inside my...
  7. J

I have a pfsense with one WAN and one LAN interface. On the WAN side is my providers dsl modem/switch on on the LAN side my network. Now, in between my WAN Port and the providers switch is a wireless bridge with a different IP address. (192.168.x.x) My question is now, how do I configure...
  8. J

ubuntu server + owncloud + napp-it

ok on my ubuntu the user www-data has the uid and gid 33: $ id www-data uid=33(www-data) gid=33(www-data) groups=33(www-data) napp-it doesn't let me add an id smaller than 100...
  9. J

ubuntu server + owncloud + napp-it

for the love of god I cant get this to work Here is what I want to do: I have a all-in-one setup pretty much per instrucions on napp-it website with OmniOS. On that All-in-One now runs a ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS for the sole purpose of serving owncloud. As long as I leave the owncloud data...
  10. J

"Username too long"

correct, but smbadm creates an smb user working from the command line but not out of napp-it with smbadm addmember -m usernamelong group I was able to add it - and it now shows also in napp-it
  11. J

"Username too long"

ok, asked at #omnios if I do this on omnios cmd: useradd -g staff -c '' -s /bin/false 'longusername' the user is added to the system BUT doesnot show up in user mgmt in napp-it (The too long message is a warning) the command: useradd -g staff -c '' -s /bin/false 'short' gets executed AND added...
  12. J

"Username too long"

Please help, I have a freshly installed Napp-it on OMNIOS. I have imported all the pools from my old system and almost everything works perfect. But when I try to add a user longer the 8char, I receive an error message. I'm positive that that worked on my insall before. Any ideas? I als...
  13. J

disk problem crashed system

I have absolutely no problem with a faulty disk, on the contrary, I expect them. Thats why I'm setting up a system like that. What I don't expect is, that the system stops working after the alleged corruption of one disk in a mirror. What I would like to find out is, why all my vm machines...
  14. J

this is what the log says: Jul 23 00:11:20 storage scsi_vhci: [ID 734749 kern.warning] WARNING: vhci_scsi_reset 0x1 Jul 23 00:11:24 storage scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@0,0/pci15ad,7a0@15/pci1000,3040@0 (mpt_sas0): Jul 23 00:11:24 storage mptsas_check_task_mgt: Task 0x3 failed...
  15. J

My configuration: Server: Supermicro X9SCL+-F, E31240V2, 16GB RAM USB stick: ESXi 2 x 160GB 2,5" disks: 20GB VM datastore on each, OMNIOS installed in one and then mirrored 2 x 320GB 2,5" disks: on separate disk controller mounted in OMNIOS as ZFS mirror, one file system, stores all the...