Recent content by JohnnyBeGood

1. JohnnyBeGood

Build my own or buy Supermicro?

True. It is old. Any recommendations for upgrade to LGA2011-3 socket and any specific first gen Epyc?
  2. JohnnyBeGood

At this point, TS140 is in my office along with 2 x consumer-grade switches. All my network cables are routed to the office. At some point in the future, I would like to get a bigger switch and eliminate those two Netgear. Other than that, I'm not planning to put anything else into that cabinet...
  3. JohnnyBeGood

Since I already have power supply and a spare ATX case (before I buy a new 2U case and cabinet) I will only need MB, CPU, and RAM so $400-500.
  4. JohnnyBeGood

Thank you all for the replies! That is correct. In my research I'm coming to find out that it would be cheaper to build my own vs. buying Supermicro server complete system, I came across this Asus X99-WS/IPMI It has IPMI and paired with ie. Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 it would be a great system with...
  5. JohnnyBeGood

Thanks for taking time to reply! With "build my own" I mean instead of buying pre-built ie. Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Tower Server System I would start with buying cabinet, case, motherboard, CPU/RAM, power supply etc.
  6. JohnnyBeGood

Thanks for taking time to reply! The one I linked has the following: Dimensions: 21.65" Length x 17.72" Depth x 24.53" Height Is that not enough? I will have to look into replacing/adding new drivers. What was your base, did you started with the case first and worked your way up ie. MB, CPU...
  7. JohnnyBeGood

Hey all, Currently in my homelab I have Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Tower Server System that needs to be moved from office to the garage. It is limited to 32GB of RAM and my love for VMs on XCP-ng is growing :) I will most likely end up with this Wall Mount Server Cabinet. What I'm not sure is if...
  8. JohnnyBeGood

Backup solution to backup VMs in ESXi 6.5 to Backblaze B2?

I'm testings various Linux and few Windows VMs so I'm guessing close to 1TB maybe less.
  9. JohnnyBeGood

Vertical Backup defiantly use API because I had small issue today and it was throwing an error and referring to api.backblazeb2.com I totally agree with you and I'm one of those people who will not pay for $600+ annual license. I could understand if I would be a business and making money off...
  10. JohnnyBeGood

They have different various applications that can connect to B2 Cloud Storage - Integrations but only one that directly works with ESXi is Vertical Backup.
  11. JohnnyBeGood

Yes, its ESXi-free. I will look into ghettoVCB. So that means Backblaze needs to be mounted as nfs storage which I don't think its possible. Maybe I missed something in my search?
  12. JohnnyBeGood

Hello, My ISP has a data cap so I had to rent server and they have ESXi 6.5 and I have 4 VMs mostly for testing and 1 that is hosting 1 website and community forum. I would like to setup backup just in case something goes wrong I can restore and Backblaze B2 offers the most affordable solution...
  13. JohnnyBeGood

Has anyone got FreeNAS working on VMware ESXi ?

First of thanks for letting me know DCUI (yellow config screen) did not even knew it was there. If I knew about it it would save me countless reinstalls. So I found my old PCI slot Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter that I use to use with pfSense and its recognized in ESXi: I know its...
  14. JohnnyBeGood

Has anyone got FreeNAS working on VMware ESXi ?

Ok, yet again I reinstalled ESXi and this is how my configuration looked like: Completely skipped section that explains how to change MTU to 9000. Configured passthrough did reboot and I was not able to access it anymore. Did I configured anything wrong with the network above?