Recent content by JJ27

1. JJ27

Tagged vlan for motherboard ethernet port and ESXi

Not really versed on ubiquity config, but on ESX you should have (if you use the default vswitch) the default management network PG with the vmkernel port connected and another port group with the VLAN 30 in your case which seems correctly configured. If the ubiquity switch has L3 capabilities...
  2. JJ27

Tagged vlan for motherboard ethernet port and ESXi

The way that I usually do things with ESXi is to configure the port as Trunk in the switch passing a VLAN range (or VLAN values), and then on ESXi, configure portgroups per VLAN, so then I can connect VMs to portgroups with one vNIC for each needed VLAN
  3. JJ27

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

If you do a packet capture on the "lan" interface of your router (the device that does te breakout), do you see the ICMP messages coming? Usually when you have a transit vlan the problem comes with the "return" packets as the route to internal is missing or blocked by the firewall.
  4. JJ27

Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

If you want 2 networks, you will need a router. If you want a switch dedicated for high speed things, get the cheapest one and do just one flat network. Option 3, buy the T-FAL pan.
  5. JJ27

To achieve what you describe (and augment with the diagram) you need something that joins the different networks. What you pictured is a physical diagram, which is ok, but the logical is what you're missing. Let's assume that the networt that was already in place is defined as: LAN1 ->...
  6. JJ27

[FS] [US] New WD SN630 3.84tb U.2 NVME SSD, (2) Used WD SN200 6.4tb U.2 NVME SSD, (1) Supermicro X10DRH-CT motherboard

Seems that they tried to differentiate the adapter with the cutout. It works , it's probably one of the cheapest, and the U2 drive is great. Serves as a free bump to the sell post ;)
  7. JJ27

[FS] [US] New WD SN630 3.84tb U.2 NVME SSD, (2) Used WD SN200 6.4tb U.2 NVME SSD, (1) Supermicro X10DRH-CT motherboard

Those crazy prices kinda make me wonder about this horrible "solution" -> U.2 to Pcie SSD Adapter - Enterprise-Class | eBay
  8. JJ27

[WTB-CA] 10Gbe on the cheap, random things to bring back to Arg.

I'll be staying in CA (91356) for a month and I would like to bring a couple of things back home. The things I'm interested in are: 10 Gbe NICs + SFPs or DACs (if SFPs, fiber patch as well) Lenovo Tiny (that can accept one of the NICs above like 720/920/p330) Ruckus APs (I already have a...
  9. JJ27

Micron 5200 ECO 3.84TB SATA SSD $99.50

For me, they sent the offer after a couple of hours in the watchlist.
  10. JJ27

Micron 5200 ECO 3.84TB SATA SSD $99.50

Seems that the time for ~4TB cheap SSD is here. I just got an offer for that amount, countered with $92 but I got a counter for $99.5 Will take the chance with this one for my PS4 Here's the link -> Micron SSD 5200 ECO TCG-E MTFDDAK3T8TDC 3.84TB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive | eBay
  11. JJ27

EXPIRED Ruckus R710 $65

Not really, that promotion comes and goes, In fact they accepted 45 for two, so they will probably lower the price again.
  12. JJ27

Simple tunnel for incoming connections on dual-NATed network?

IPSEC and OpenVPN will kinda hurt over RPi, for that, Wireguard will be several times better, and the configuration is not that difficult as you can provision the "client" connection with a QR code that can be read into the H&E phone and put line by line into the device, or prepare the config...
  13. JJ27

2.5GbE + PoE + 10 Gbps SFP+ in one device?

In another thread I was looking for the same and found this one -> https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805765847580.html But as I said over there, to get it to Argentina is kinda tricky. If one wants to be the guinea pig for that, I'll probably follow along when in the US for the holidays.
  14. JJ27

Will you be able to buy it from Alibaba site directly or use another 3rd party to buy/ship? I'm really interested in something like this Sirivision and the price is more than tempting, but to get that into Argentina will be like trying to reach the moon with a paper plane. If the process is not...
  15. JJ27

Cheap 8 * 2.5Gbit Managed Switches

Hard ones, managed, 4 POE + 2 SFP+, obviously the more the better as I can move the tiny's to 2.5G and consolidate switches. Can probably get away with the small 4 port/2SFP but as I'm traveling to the US to see my family after quite some time (before pandemic), will take the chance to leverage...