Recent content by jdrch

1. J

How do I migrate OpenIndiana Hipster installation from 512k, MBR, legacy boot 32 GB SSD to 4k, GPT, UEFI boot 128 GB SSD?

I need a DE and there lack of documentation on how to set that up on OmniOS isn't encouraging. As such, I'm hoping to stick with OI for now. I can live with legacy boot, I just wanted to take the opportunity to migrate to something more modern if possible. If it's not possible or the path is...
  2. J

How do I migrate OpenIndiana Hipster installation from 512k, MBR, legacy boot 32 GB SSD to 4k, GPT, UEFI boot 128 GB SSD?

Foreword I'm still very much learning OpenIndiana and don't have much deep knowledge about how its disk partitioning/setup goes. Ergo, if you're wondering whether I know something, it's best to assume I don't. Background I have OpenIndiana Hipster with napp-it Free installed on this PC...
  3. J

Can I safely delete the napp-it-18.12.zip, nappit2.sh, & setup-napp-it.log files after installing?

Just wondering if I can safely delete the above now that I'm done with the installation. Can I?
  4. J

How to install Napp-it on OI Hipster 2019.10 GUI + Must I really reset root password after install?

UPDATE: I figured it out. Proper installation instructions here. The ones in the PDFs are confusing.
  5. J

How to install Napp-it on OI Hipster 2019.10 GUI + Must I really reset root password after install?

TL,DR: Questions are in bold. New OpenIndiana GUI user here (since yesterday .) I'm a bit confused by the instructions in Section 3.1 (page 9) of the setup PDF. Since I already have sudo installed, I assume the remaining steps are: pkg install gnu-coreutils pkg install unzip pkg install wget...