Recent content by jcl333

1. jcl333

How to fix: BMC can't force ME to recovery mode when updating BIOS

Hey dudes, another motherboard saved X10SRH-CF that refused to post, saved with the sum utility. Just wanted to come here and thank you. I have a new respect for the resiliency of SM motherboards. -JCL
  2. jcl333

WTB: Supermicro x10srh-cf motherboard

Well, that is a valid concern. As it so happens, I got my board working again. How much would you be looking to get for the board?
  3. jcl333

Yes they did, and that was February of this year too! Surprised me. I just had to pay for shipping. Maybe they still had stock or something like that, I dunno. -JCL
  4. jcl333

Very similar to my setup.
  5. jcl333

Whelp, stop your grinning and drop your linen, I fixed it! I did the command-line process with sum under SuperDoctor 5 to update the BIOS while the machine was off using IPMI, and so help me it worked!!! Another motherboard saved! After that, the machine posted and I was able to run the...
  6. jcl333

Actually, taking a look at what they are doing, it looks like they are essentially updates the BIOS from IPMI using the command line without powering up the machine at all, so in theory that might work. I will give it a try tonight. Thanks -JCL
  7. jcl333

I suppose it doesn't hurt to try.... Thanks.
  8. jcl333

There are several available on e-bay for around $200, might be able to argue them down, you can also find some that come in a chassis as well. I just thought I would check with the community here before going that route. -JCL
  9. jcl333

Yep, couple of times, and I talked with support and told them what was going on, and they said yeah you probably can't fix that yourself. I think it would have to stop "looping" for that process to have a chance to work, but it won't even POST at all. Tried to RMA it, but they said it is too...
  10. jcl333

Yeah, when I apply power, it's two beeps, the lights blink, and the fans briefly spin. And it just keeps doing that in a loop. iLO is still functional and it says it can set the recovery mode, but then it can't control power to the motherboard at all. So it never even tries to get into...
  11. jcl333

Yes, I am in Massachusetts.
  12. jcl333

Hello all, I lost one of these boards due to a failed BIOS update, so I am wondering if anyone has any they are willing to sell. Thanks -JCL
  13. jcl333

Considerations for large RAID arrays?

- limited to 4KByte chunk size (max 64TByte volume) FWIW - I think NTFS has been able to go larger than 64TB for quite some time NTFS - Wikipedia , no? - asynchonous (deduplication was a process that would start in the night/configured timeslot) Of course, this is basically a free feature that...
  14. jcl333

SOLVED: Help with installation of MSM (17.05.06.00_MSM_Windows) - Java issues

The problem with this, and correct me if I am wrong, but MSM has the ability to send you e-mail notifications on array status so you know right away when a disk fails or is about to fail, or other issues. So far I have not found that feature in LSA. -JCL
  15. jcl333

SOLVED: Help with installation of MSM (17.05.06.00_MSM_Windows) - Java issues

Hello, I can get the software installed, but it still gives that yellow message that it can't find the server. I have the license file in the right place. Anyone OK, thank you, I will try that. I got sick of the whole path thing and just edited the batch file to point to the correct folder. -JCL