Recent content by Janus006

1. J

One motherboard (Z9PR-D12) - 2 questions (Force OnBoard VGA and KVM)

HI, I build a one server for Truenas at home. The system is build on an Asus Z9PR-D12 MoBo. I love the spec but I hate 2 issue with it. As I have a P600 GPU for plex transcoding with no monitori plugged on it, I would like to force display on OnBoard GPU. I cannot see anything when system...
  2. J

10G fiber link between VMWare and TrueNAS Scale

Hey, I solved my communication issue ... and sorry guys to make you loose time and effort. It was fairly a code 18 :( Unplug every cable and connect only the one you're working on will help you to be sure the vmnic you're working on is the right one... I was working on the wrong vmnic since the...
  3. J

Thanks for your help. I will continu top look at the problem. I'm curently trying to see something with tcpdump ...
  4. J

You're completely right. I've reconfigures frame size to 1500 and still the same issue. A configuration i'm not sure. As we configured everything on the Standard TCP/IP stack, when I verified the config of the stack, I see the default GW it set for this stack. As we configure everything on the...
  5. J

Now switching to vMotion stack ... (vmnic5 for vmotion / vmnic4 for iSCSI) --------------------------------------------------- As I can see, your interface for vmotion is configured with TCP-IP stack. I used vMotion stack (read somewhere is better, is it really ?) Just to be sure, I added a...
  6. J

I just flipped them and now, I lost the physical link.So it does not seems it was the issue :(
  7. J

Sorry, did not saw the last comment/line As they are directly connected, I will try to swap the strands. (FC adapter are not wise enough to detect direct connection like RJ45 can now do ?) And non, I cannot ping from vMotion interface, but I beleived it was because the stack was vMotion and...
  8. J

I'm only able to ping the local IP on any machine ESX2 can only ping 10.0.31.31 and TNS can only ping 10.0.31.254, so communication does not seems to work at all
  9. J

Sorry, I beleived you wanted to know about the interconnection only ... Here are settings: For the moment, I'm configuring only TNS and the ESX2 (as POC) ESX1: vmk Mgmt 192.168.50.30/24 with a gateway vmk vMotion 10.10.10.30/24 vmk iSCSI 10.0.30.30/24 (Not connected for now) ESX2...
  10. J

ESX1 10.0.30.31/24 ESX2 10.0.31.31/24 TrueNAS_FC_int1 10.0.30.254/24 TrueNAS_FC_int2 10.0.31.254/24
  11. J

I’m trying to configure a 10Gb fiber link between my two ESX and my TrueNAS Scale. I configured all my IP address correctly (subnet/netmask) but I’m unable to ping the destination interface. As the connection are direct between both machines, vlan is not configured. My first idea is to think my...
  12. J

R720 - iDRAC cannot initialize (MB replaced)

ok, but with a new MB ? should work, no ?
  13. J

R720 - iDRAC cannot initialize (MB replaced)

Hi, Few weeks ago, I tried to update my system via WM Ware OMSA. After 3 hours of ... nothing happening anymore, I restarted server. Since this time, the server display on boot "Alert! iDRAC not responding." and reboot. At second reboot, I'm still having the error but the server boot. (FAN are...