Recent content by jac

1. J

STH was mentioned in LinusTechTips video today

Not as painful as watching him build / cable his server room. I give him credit for getting things "done" but I'd hate to support it.
  2. J

Supermicro A2SDI Atom c3000 active coolers for 1U chassis?

I've been searching around with no results so far. Is there a 1U heatsink and blower that will directly bolt on to the mount plate of the Supermicro A2SDI c3000 series?
  3. J

Choosing a compatible M.2?

I'm trying to make heads or tails out of available M.2 ssd's for the Supermicro A2Di-4C-HLN4F.cfm board. I basically don't want to buy a feature that will never be utilized because the ssd I choose will live and die with the board. A2SDi-4C-HLN4F | Motherboards | Products - Super Micro...
  4. J

Black Diamond? SSD and memory "proven manufacturer"??

If they are new, the truth would get them more customers. Everybody flocks to the new store in town. Marketing 101, "Grand Opening"
  5. J

Black Diamond? SSD and memory "proven manufacturer"??

I've been around the I.T. industry a while (at least a week now!) with years of personal and corporate shopping for server and desktop components.... and I've never seen or heard of these guys until recently. Black Diamond Memory|About Us The claim of "decades of experience" and to be "a...
  6. J

Gigabyte MA10-ST0 Review A Unique 16C Atom C3958 Storage Platform

I did not see a mention of street price for the MA10-ST0. Is there a noted MSRP?
  7. J

Xeon with/without Graphics?

I know what you mean about need. I have the X9DRi-F. Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DRi-F Bought it when the 2011's launched, mounted it in the chassis then put everything in storage and moved. I've probably not put 8 hours of use on it even now that I'm starting to go...
  8. J

Thank you. How has the board behaved? Any specific reason for ditching the E3 I should reconsider?
  9. J

I'm considering the Supermicro X11SSM-F for a build. * X11SSM-F | Motherboards | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc. Xeon E3-1230 list "no" for the graphics specifications: * Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1230 v6 (8M Cache, 3.50 GHz) Product Specifications I will run headless 99% of the time but...
  10. J

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

I tried some from an Areca card but they are not the same so my search continues to find the exact ones so I can order a few online somewhere.
  11. J

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

I am looking for replacement screws, does anyone have the thread and screw dimensions that affix the full height and low profile brackets to the M1015 adapter?
  12. J

48 drive 24 bay 4u jbod

AIC XJ2000-4483 Images
  13. J

HP S6500 8 Node Chassis

Having used both the iLO advanced option key on G7 HP's and the Lantronix Spider on many different system types I personally would spend the extra money on the advanced option key. The KVM spider resizes your open window on display resolution changes and makes it stupid painful to do things like...
  14. J

Looking for cheap 2.5" 1U Chassis

These guys ship to the US. Check out this chassis and their others. One might work. Pc Cases UK X-Case RM 100S -480- Atx, Micro Atx by X-Casefor £39.95 Pc Computer Cases
  15. J

Supermicro H8DCL-iF crashes randomly with strange kernel messages

Also, you should compare your IPMI version in the BMC to what Supermicro has published on their website for that model of motherboard. I have experienced IPMI issues like you describe in your earlier posts when the motherboard BIOS and BMC firmware are older. I recommend updating the motherboard...