Recent content by Huy Le

1. H

Recommend windows version/type for Blueiris 5 VM

Late to the party, but my systems for BI go like this bare metal e3-1240v3 but serving as a NAS as well > HyperV 12 threads Xeon E5-2697v3 > bare metal i5-8400 6 cores. On the VM, for some reason i noticed during playback the recorded clips would be lagging. I did rebuild it and experienced...
  2. H

C612 single socket board recommendations

I had no clue Ebay Protection is 180 days, thought it was 90. I'll have to look into this, thanks! In the meantime, if i can swap out the UDIMM for RDIMM, i may switch platforms to the newer Skylake or Epyc system instead. Motherboard cost for all 3 sockets aren't even that much different from...
  3. H

The pins are oddly bent, looking like a they got tied together. I've tried bending pins back before for a 1150 socket and it was a nightmare to attempt to fix (didn't work either way). Read up on the an experience taking 2 months for Supermicro to fix the bent pins. Wanted to get this done in...
  4. H

@RageBone The Fujitsu board is interesting, didn't know they made boards anymore. Found a used X99-WS on Ebay for a good price as well, i'm thinking about it. @Evan I have 6 Kingston KVR24E17D8/16 UDIMM sticks though i only use 4 for now. If you're interested, let me know please! @Rand__...
  5. H

Thanks for pointing out the UDIMM issue as i didn't even think of that. The RAM i bought for a Xeon E3v5 not too long ago. Unfortunately, selling it to buy LRDIMM or RDIMM would set me back a decent amount though i guess i am considering doing it. The Asus X99 WS is too costly in my opinion...
  6. H

Currently running a X99 board with a E5-2698v3 and 64GB ECC non-reg RAM. My problem is i don't have enough slots to run dual NVME drives with the graphics card, RAID controller and nic card. Cards running: - GPU 16x 3.0 - RAID controller 8x 3.0 - NIC 8x 3.0 - NVME 4x 3.0 I have found 2 C612...
  7. H

IBM RackSwitch G8264 Questions

If the G8624 is anything like the G7028 i had, the unit would not boot up if you disabled more than one fan. I bought 3 different 40mm fans at different speeds and none of them would allow the unit to post either. I concluded the RPM must be at a certain load otherwise the unit would not post...
  8. H

FS - 8TB disks - GPU's - Supermicro 72Bay Chassis

Do these drives have a warranty?
  9. H

Any considerations on a multi-gigabit (1, 2.5, 5, 10) switch?

Not sure if the MikroTik ones work with the ES-16-XG but the Aquantia 2.5 G ones do. They added it in their firmware update. Multi-gigabit is for sure interesting and i can only imagine it making leeway to become a standard with internet speeds at gigabit already. Just have to wait for a...
  10. H

They do exist :) AQS-107 SFP+ Module - Aquantia Corp Someone has tested it on the ES-16-XG Ubiquiti Networks Community
  11. H

I think im going to go with the Ubiquiti US-16-XG. I read you can use multi-gigabit copper to sfp+ modules in there. Technically i only need one multi-gigabit port for any future router but i wanted 3 additional multi-gigabit ports for PCs around the house. In the meantime, i can just buy the...
  12. H

Hah im looking for something closer to the $500 range. Doesn't seem as a possibility so i have to up the budget to under $1000 Here are the switches i found: Netgear XS512EM (what I'll probably buy $850) Qnap QSW-1208-8C (unmanaged so probably pass) TRENDnet TEG-30102WS (out of budget) The...
  13. H

Recent G7028 switch died in a lightning storm and I've been looking to replace it. Was looking at the Ubiquiti US-16-XG and the HP Officeconnect 1850 6XGT 2XGT/SFP+ as viable replacements (if you have suggestions between the 2 ill take them as well but the HP has more 10Gbe copper ports which...
  14. H

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

How do you like the XS708T? Compared to the Ubiquiti? Also, tried finding CPU HW specs for the US-16-XG. Any info on that data?
  15. H

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

So their 10G copper has had all their issues fixed? Is there a link for compatible cards? Dumb question, but that does require a HW device? Such as the Cloud Key? The thing that throws me off about Ubiquiti is their warranty of a year. The HP switch (HP Procurve 1410-16G ) i just swapped out...