Recent content by hmw

1. H

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Before the pandemic I picked up a R720 for $250. Right now the price of new or second hand Ruckus AP's is so high that I was forced to go for a couple of Ubiquiti Wifi6 APs (at $149/$179 ea) for my new house. Once the supply chain madness is over - I am sure refurb and used Ruckus APs will come...
  2. H

$1670
  3. H

FS SFP-10G-T Review – Another SFP+ to 10Gbase-T Option

There's been several discussions on the forums regarding the performance of NBase-T adapters. I believe reviews for these really need to add: - bi-directional bandwidth tests - tests with various switches to see whether they achieve the 2.5GbE/5GbE bandwidth promised
  4. H

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I got the H12SSL-NT from NewEgg - it was an open box on offer for $400. Since everyone was raving about SuperMicro H12 and X12, decided to go for it. I have to say the BIOS is slower than the Tyan and the SuperMicro UI looks like it's 1997 :rolleyes: I prefer the simpler Tyan UI - not to...
  5. H

Tyan S8030GM2NE

With the SFT-OOB-LIC: Virtual Media Server (ISO) mounting is only SMBv1 - useless on modern networks The Virtual Media mounting feature on HTML5 iKVM is not available unless you pay for the more expensive SFT-DCMS-Single license The Virtual Media mounting for the Java iKVM does NOT work...
  6. H

Tyan S8030GM2NE

After purchasing the H12SSL-NT and looking at how much I would pay for virtual media access + redfish api access - I would have to say that Tyan sucks less than SuperMicro. My next EPYC motherboard is definitely going to be a Tyan
  7. H

H12SSL-NT quirks - toasty LAN SoC + no Redfish access

25W ! :eek: I get 18W and I thought that was crazy. Well in CA we pay an effective rate of $0.32/kWh so it's good to try to reduce electricity consumption wherever possible I am using FAN2. All the other fans are connected to the P10's built in FAN controller. Which fan connector are you using ?
  8. H

The IPMI UI doesn't have anything for the two Broadcom LANs. Also I am using ESXi so there’s no real control like Windows for WOL
  9. H

I don't think that link works for the newer H12xxx licensing. This is what the new UI looks like and there's no way to put a license key - it needs a license file instead. Tried generating a license key and uploading it as text but UI complains about 'invalid format' Wake On Lan was off for...
  10. H

I recently got a H12SSL-NT with the dual 10GbE LAN provided by Broadcom BCM57416. What I've noticed is that even when the motherboard power is OFF, the LAN heatsink is a toasty 65C ~ 68C. The motherboard is now in an Antec P10 Flux case and with a couple of fans, the temps go down to 54C but...
  11. H

Epyc 7302P & H11SSL-NC Workstation Build: Follow-Up Report

https://www.servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7302p-review-a-category-killer/ - 200W for the full server, subtract 10W for RAM, 20W for the LAN and another 30W for fans, IPMI and storage - 140W for the processor sounds about right. You can also play with Power Determinism and cTDP/ Package Power Limit...
  12. H

any word on the WPA2/3 mixed support for iOS 12? I didn’t see it in Known Issues but didnt see it in resolved issues either
  13. H

Good brands and resellers for DDR4 ECC UDIMM?

I've purchased 16GB and 64GB RDIMMs from memory.net before - they're based in CA and they're good. Never had a DIMM from them fail before.
  14. H

(All Sold) (FS) (US) AMD EPYC Rome CPUs 2 x 7452s

CPU came by next day delivery and properly packaged. And worked perfectly. Thanks @jpmomo !
  15. H

Capacity layer SSD Choices in 2021.

Hah - so that is who purchased all those 5300 PRO's I saw on eBay :D:p