Recent content by hippyhappo

1. H

Supermicro SuperChassis 743AC-1200B-SQ Replacement Fans

That would be great if these are compatible with the SC743. These are the 80mm exhaust fans for the SC743 chassis, but it doesn't look like they include the mounting hardware: https://store.supermicro.com/80mm-fan-0082l4.html It looks like it's the exact same fan, so that kit might work.
  2. H

In case anybody else is interested, I contacted Supermicro and they said the 9,400 RPM fans I linked will work with all the SC743 series chassis. I imagine this also applies to the 5,000 RPM fans as well.
  3. H

Yeah, I didn't think you could purchase the adapters to convert the 92mm fan to the two 80mm fans (they don't come with the exhaust fans do they?). I figure I can always swap out the 92mm fan for a different fan of the same size if it's an issue, but I'm mostly concerned about moving air through...
  4. H

I don't have the cards yet. Just trying to be proactive, given that it can take a couple weeks for the fans to arrive. I had a couple Intel P3608 SSDs in a few of the PCIe slots and had to change the PowerGovernorMode using Intel SSD Data Center Tool because they were overheating (i.e. the stock...
  5. H

Thanks, the problem with the Titan RTX is that they don't use the blower style cooler that the Quadro cards use, so it dumps all the heat into the case. The 2800 RPM fans that came with my case really don't move a lot of air, so I suspect it would be recirculating a lot of the hot air...
  6. H

Thanks, yeah, I was looking at those fans as well, but wasn't sure if they'd be enough. I figured I'd err on the side of caution and get the faster ones. I'm pretty sure either option would be compatible though, but just want to make sure before I buy them. Anyway, I'll try sending Supermicro an...
  7. H

I have a Supermicro SuperChassis 743AC-1200B-SQ linked below: https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/chassis/4U/743/SC743AC-1200B-SQ It came with some 2,800 RPM quiet fans. I'm planning on installing a pair of Titan RTX cards into the case, and I'm pretty sure the fans it came with aren't going...
  8. H

Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

Yeah, I swear like 90% of the cards I've looked at are fakes. I tried to find a card that was as close to identical to the genuine Dell card in this thread. The image on the listing was identical to the genuine card, but the one I received was slightly different. The listing said they were...
  9. H

Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

Does this i350-T4 look legit?: The "Delta" on the ethernet transformers is embossed and the heatsink is the correct / bulkier size. The inductor in the bottom right corner of the card is different though. I tried searching for the "BI31100LF" part number, but nothing shows up. Does anybody...
  10. H

Are these Intel i350-t4 cards all fake?

Thanks, I probably will just pick up a used Dell card then. It's crazy just how prevalent these fakes actually are (I checked Newegg, Amazon, and Ebay and like 90% of the cards appear to be fakes).
  11. H

Are these Intel i350-t4 cards all fake?

I need to purchase an i350-t4 and just wanted to make sure I have this correct. Are all Intel i350-t4 cards without "Delta" embossed on the transformers, or TXC on the crystal, fakes? I just wanted to double check, because if this is the case, then the majority of cards on eBay seem to be fakes...
  12. H

Intel DC S3500 80GB SSD - Brand New $22 Shipped

Yeah, like 50 of them sold within a few hours of me posting this, so he probably figured they're too cheap. Still not a bad price though given that they are brand new.
  13. H

(Sold) Intel DC p3605 1.6TB PCIe SSD ~ $160/BO Auto Accepted

Just a heads up to anybody experiencing issues: these Intel AOCs tend to run pretty hot and despite the big heatsink, still need decent airflow through them to function properly. If you're using them in a larger case / anything with slower fans, you should be able to change the PowerGovernorMode...
  14. H

It's an older SSD and it's only 80GB so it's not going to be the fastest thing out there. It's just a nice, cheap, reliable option for a server / hypervisor boot drive.
  15. H

Intel SSD DC S3500 series SSDSC2BB080G401 80GB, 2.5in SATA III 6Gb/s, 20nm, MLC | eBay I picked up a few of these the last time this seller listed them. They're brand new / sealed in the little brown Intel box. Anyway, these are pretty decent for an OS / boot drive and you can't go wrong @...