Recent content by himynameisdaniel

1. H

IBM Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro EN Dual 10GbE PCIe Ethernet Card

i see a best offer available. anyone had any luck?
  2. H

Amazon stealing STH images now? LOL

also supermicro do not have good high res photos on their website. so i would imagine a img search with that text with high quality should pick up quite easily. still no excuse though.
  3. H

Gigabyte MB10-DS1 nvme connector?

how many pins does it have? got a better photo of the connector?
  4. H

SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB - 18$ free shipping

also seems to have free international shipping. can be assured that unless you are buying a postcard of the item he will be making a loss alone on international shipping.
  5. H

Monero Mining Performance

Patrick are you sure the GPU is forced to run in its highest performance mode? I know just running ccminer for me is not enough for my 980 to stay in its highest state and the hashing rate can fluctuate quite randomly. the 1070 results are very low..
  6. H

Random Hardware

wow, what a thread. I am so glad I did not send any money. I told him it would take 6 business days to move funds from my accounts to his paypal and he said no as it would take too long and the stuff would be sold by then.
  7. H

Power supply router?

my grid in tariff is $0.40 kwh and rising every year. enabling eco options on idle and 80+gold or higher power supplies makes a measurable difference. if they are 24/7 machines correctly selecting the correct power supply is quite important. i recently purchased a 80+ titanium unit for a 24/7...
  8. H

Amazon 8TB External Seagate Backup Drive $179.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HD6ZLQ6/ref=twister_B01LWYA6M0?th=1 Seagate 8TB External Drives. includes free shipping. Probably the cheapest I have ever seen it. however no warranty if you open the case. In the customer reviews someone already shucked it and found it to be the SMR Archive drive.
  9. H

Random Hardware

impressive! Unless someone on here wanted it all i don't know where members would start. i am in Australia, I would be keen on x25 of the 5TB drives preferably if they are still in the foam\anti static packaging. as this would be easier to ship. could you give any info on the brand and model...
  10. H

eBay: Fusion-iO PCI-E SSD, $250 - 825GB, $290 - 1280GB

pretty good deal. 75w is the max power that can be supplied officially over PCI-E
  11. H

Asus ROG 10G express network card 90$

wow no heatsink. specs say 6.4w with 100m cable at 10GBE with what looks like under 4ms latency. also looks like there is no flash or EEPROM chip so no firmware updates. according to the spec sheet it does support TCP offload.
  12. H

10Gbase-T flood is on - Cheap dual port Intel X540-T2's

quite expensive for not tested.
  13. H

for those who wants to build their own 10gb switch

+1 on power consumption. my ubiquiti switch runs about 15w with half ports being utilized at 10GBE. you will never achieve this in a comparable x86 setup. there are many x86 switching operating systems out there. but they all have the same drawbacks. on x86 you will be burning cpu cycles just...
  14. H

EU Seagate Skyhawk 8TB 197,38EUR

Now back at EUR 372.38 well done to all those who manged to pick one up
  15. H

EU Seagate Skyhawk 8TB 197,38EUR

my worst performing drive on my media setup is 22,000 or so for approx 2 years usage 6TB WD RED. but it really depends on exactly how its set up and what you do. have a look at your own drives in your NAS to maybe make a comparison. EDIT: should clarify worst performing in terms of highest...