Recent content by Hifihedgehog

1. H

Anyone experience with PrimoCache for MSSQL-Database or Exchange acceleration ?

+1 for PrimoCache+DrivePool. It is a power play and super duo compared to the mess that is Storage Spaces.
  2. H

Introduction to the HP t640 Thin client - your cheap little AMD NUC7 alternative

Not sure. It "just works" plugged in directly to the receiver via (1) a DP to HDMI adapter and (2) an HDMI cable. Try isolating by removing the downconverters and switches since those can introduce issues.
  3. H

32c/64t Epyc 7551P $376

That’s a hard pass from me. 32 cores may sound amazing at first blush. But the Zen architecture has improved astronomically over the last five years. Unless you need the fancy fixins of memory channels and PCIe lanes, you are better off with a current gen Ryzen. Take the lowly $350-$400 Ryzen 7...
  4. H

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

As confirmed by me and @Dave Corder in another thread (here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/introduction-to-the-hp-t640-thin-client-your-cheap-little-amd-nuc7-alternative.28564/page-2#post-296308 ), it is a true DisplayPort 1.4 output. HP only “officially” certified it up...
  5. H

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

It should. Check out the official instructions here. I believe pciutils-devel is the package you would need to compile in that distro, though there may be others not explicitly mentioned. I am not sure about overclocking, but if your memory kit (1) is 1.2V and (2) is rated for higher than...
  6. H

Hmm... I posted this deal in r/cade on Reddit. Perhaps some enterprising individual read about the deal and may have bought a slew of them to build some super sweet MAME/RetroPie x86-64 cabinets with. Speaking of which, I have been experimenting with RetroPie and wanting to get games running as...
  7. H

Well, the reason I ask is the cheapest 2x8GB DDR4 SODIMM kit on Amazon right now happens to be Mushkin's 3200MHz Cl16 kit. So it's no loss to me if it does drop down since I paid less anyway than the 1.2V 3200MHz Cl22 kits. I'm not certain how HP's BIOS is programmed to react to memory with...
  8. H

How should compatibility be with this new 3200MHz Cl16 1.35V 2x8GB SODIMM kit from Mushkin for the T640 (note: this is the T640 thread)? It is a brand new kit that Mushkin just released that has yet to have listed on their website's product listing. Processor-wise, I already know that I don't...
  9. H

Confirming my suspicions, HDR is also tested as working. It is just as I thought it might be: HP is only testing and/or paying for official certification for DisplayPort 1.2, but the device itself is fully DisplayPort 1.4 capable. Back in 2018, a similar situation occurred of stated motherboard...
  10. H

Introduction to the HP t640 Thin client - your cheap little AMD NUC7 alternative

That's awesome and absolutely delightful news! I figured the DP certification may be a similar situation to the HDMI 2.0 certification fiasco with Ryzen 2000 APUs and the B350/X370 motherboards that I experienced first-hand in 2018. I'll be sure to pass this valuable bit of information along to...
  11. H

I am not certain, so I would have to try this out first to give a definitive yes or no answer to this. As a point of fact, Raven Ridge had a similar situation occur at launch which may also apply here which I personally had a hand in organizing a community effort to investigation. The Ryzen...
  12. H

Are you certain DisplayPort 1.4 is not working? I know that officially AMD supports DisplayPort 1.4 for the DisplayPort outputs on this processor line. What happened with first generation Raven Ridge like the 2400F is motherboard were only officially tested up to HDMI 1.4 but they still worked...
  13. H

For those who may have missed the deal, there are more available here under this alternative listing which includes a keyboard and mouse for $20 more. EDIT: They added more stock to the original listing: NEW Sealed HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 2.40GHz 4GB 16GF - NO OS INSTALLED 193905702541...
  14. H

Awesome deal, OP! I just joined to say thank you. The current lowest price for automatically accepted best offer from the seller for these is $100. I tried $99 but $100 was the lowest they would go. Yeah... VCN is a low wattage beast for 4K. I would double check your settings there if I were...