Recent content by gseeley

1. G

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

Picked up a 7048T-A for $80 but I read you can't run the 4.18.11M version on this like my 7050 switches so... Looking for the last supported version 4.15.10M for 7048T EDIT: Found it! Thank you!
  2. G

Supermicro SC847 Fan Choices

You can delete the SDR records and then reset the BMC and it should recreate them. See FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc. Or you can just re-flash the BMC and uncheck the "preserve configuration" boxes to reset all the dynamic data and that should get all the...
  3. G

Supermicro SAS3808 HBA firmware

Not sure which card you have, but there is some firmware buried DEEP in their "Web" FTP. Look here: www.supermicro.com - /wdl/driver/SAS/Broadcom/3808-3816/Firmware/3808/AOC-S3808L-L8iT/ and traverse back up and there are a couple more. That folder at least has P25
  4. G

Perc H710 Mini to IT mode

Thanks for the excellent guide and tools @fohdeesha ! I used them to flash a H710 (BIG D1) I got for $40. PS. No issues using the tools on a Supermicro X10 system.
  5. G

EXPIRED Arista 7050qx-32 10/40GbE switch 200 USD

Nope, that was with the correct postal code. eBay knows me well. A little too well :)
  6. G

EXPIRED Arista 7050qx-32 10/40GbE switch 200 USD

Lol, via eBay.ca, C $184.45 plus C $417.57 shipping !!!
  7. G

UK Mellanox CX354A - Bargain

And..... they're gone.
  8. G

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Has anyone upgraded (ICX 7xxx) to 09.0.10d yet?
  9. G

OOS WD Gold Enterprise-Class 1.92 TB U.2 SSD - $88.99

Lol, in stock on the Canadian site but for the low low price of $666.99 CDN
  10. G

SMCI X9 Bifurcation I Why some boards but not all ?

Found this thread when looking to see if my X9DRD-7LNF with BIOS 3.3 supported bifurcation before I rebooted it to install an AOC-SLG2-2M2 card. It does indeed support it with two E5-2650L v2 processors. One thing to keep in mind is that your CPU (for the most part) implements the PCIe...
  11. G

Need Supermicro replacement parts, where to get for reasonable price

I've had good luck with ATIC Computers for new/hard-to-find SM parts, or stuff that is over priced on eBay that you can get cheaper new (it pays to shop around). I have bought a lot of used SM gear as well, mostly from eBay. There are other Canadian e-tailors that sell SM as well, see Where to...
  12. G

SuperMicro X9 E3 boards - December 31, 2020 BIOS bug

Don't hold your breath. I reported an X10DRH-iT BIOS bug (latest) related to NIC enumeration back in August and just nagged them for an update recently only be told they can't fix it due to "design limitation" which I don't believe because the bug is just a missing DMI table entry as far as I...
  13. G

Supermicro 836 Caddy has steady Blue LED

If that one drive is a SAS drive, then you need to set the RLM (Ready Light/LED Meaning) setting on the drive. SATA does not support this, only SAS. See the video I inspired for @BLinux at for details.
  14. G

Looking for ArubaOS MAS 7.4.1.12 for Aruba S2500-24P

Thank you BeTeP! I forgot that HPE allows download of that with an account but no entitlement like most of their firmware now. I have it now!
  15. G

Looking for ArubaOS MAS 7.4.1.12 for Aruba S2500-24P

Can anyone point me to a copy of the latest ArubaOS (7.4.1.12) for an Aruba S2500-24P? Reference: Aruba Support Portal