Recent content by GreenApples

1. G

[solved] Supermicro X9SRi-F does not boot, but has IPMI

Issue resolved. There were some extra standoffs in my case that were touching the back of the motherboard, causing a short somewhere. Luckily in my case removing them fixed the problem.
  2. G

I've read about other people who've had problems because they were using a V2 CPU, which the BIOS on the X9SRi-F doesn't support out of the box, but I bought a V1 CPU, so that should be fine in theory. Of course one can never be entirely sure as I did get it off Ebay.
  3. G

Where did you find the requirements? I can't find anything about those specific memory modules for the X9SRi-F. Personally I just looked at the compatibility page on Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9SRi-F, but it looks like I should've looked closer like you are doing.
  4. G

Hi, I just got a Supermicro X9SRi-F, and am using a Xeon E5-2670 with it. My problem is that when I turn it on, the fans spin, and I can access IPMI, but there is no VGA output and as far as I can tell it doesn't boot (IPMI can't read temp or other stats). No beep codes happen. Any ideas?