1. gigatexal

Solidigm D7-P5520 7.68TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSD Review on x86 Arm and Power9

To be fair in only skimmed it ;) and then saw the images
  2. gigatexal

FS: Lanner Atom C2558 Fanless Network Appliance - $50

frick -- i would have bought this :( very nice little unit
  3. gigatexal

The Ultimate Cheap 2.5GbE PoE Unmanaged Switch

Hmm the possibilities. I know I’m a tin foil hat wearing weirdo but has anyone vetted the firmware — new Chinese vendor just gotta be 100% certain there’s no sketchy stuff going on
  4. gigatexal

FS: QuantaMesh 40 x 100GbE Xeon D-1548 1U Switch

Are you missing a digit on that price? 40 ports at 100gig for only 600 bucks?!? that’s insane. Can it really switch at line rate? I guess so since the ASICs are doing the switching
  5. gigatexal

Minisforum HX90 AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Mini PC Review

Ahh in the video. Ok. I mostly read the articles. But I’ll check the video next time.
  6. gigatexal

Minisforum HX90 AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Mini PC Review

How is the sound under load? Like is it really bad? Some numbers would be nice. Seems like a really potent Linux workstation.
  7. gigatexal

Weird thermal issues in 20.04 LTS [Solved]

I am on the hardware enablement kernel and will upgrade soon. I solved it though! systemctl disable ondemand and a reboot this changes the scheduler to performance and I tested it with a game on via wine with Lutris and the fans sped up and things are good now!!!
  8. gigatexal

Weird thermal issues in 20.04 LTS [Solved]

In windows my 5600x and b450 asus ROG mobo spool the fans to meet thermal issues according to a number of presets in the software. But in Linux I seem to boot into my environment and something seems to even override the fan profile set in the bios! How do I get that fixed? I’ve had hit and miss...
  9. gigatexal

FS: All gone

Seriously take as much hardware with you as you can -- don't make the same mistake I did. You can get hardware for so much cheaper in the US than here in the EU.
  10. gigatexal

FS: All gone

if yoI don’t need the money for the move and would rather keep this hardware then I would strongly advise finding a way to keep this or ship it to yourself because getting hardware here in Europe is much more expensive. Import fees, shipping, exchange rates, taxes all of them conspire to make...
  11. gigatexal

[US] FS: xeon E5-4669 v3 QS

Is that price a typo? That’s a whole lot of cores for 100 bucks!
  12. gigatexal

(Worldwide) MicroCloud, CPU and Memory

Had no idea they sold clouds in a box!