Recent content by gentlegy

1. G

Different version of xeon 2666 v3 ES or similar CPU

Wow, $170 for a pair sounds like a steal. I have some decent GPUs, but just want to get a good host machine. May I ask how could you get these CPUs with such a good price? I don't think there exist deals on eBay for xeon v3 or v4 less than $200.
  2. G

Hi Marsh, I do some further search and find that there may be different version ES of 2666. QFSC (Qspec) may not have the HT support as you could see the comments in the cpu-world: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon%20E5-2666%20v3.html, but some people claim they have the chip with...
  3. G

Hi Marsh, thank you for your feedback. The last two images are "retailed" version the seller claimed. I am more likely prefer the ES version (first two images) due to my budget. No hyperthreading is really shocking me. I think xeon v3 should all have hyperthreading. Am I wrong about this claim...
  4. G

ES Xeon Discussion

The seller do not supply the actual CPU image for QSpec. Even they provided, there is also a change about remake the top label. I think the CPUZ images shows everything. Please refer the thread I post separately here...
  5. G

Hi Marsh, The sellers are from taobao.com. The ES version typically costs $250 - $300 and the retail version costs $3000-$4000. Check out these CPUZ the seller provided.
  6. G

Hello guys, I'm new to buying an ES CPU. I have put the same question on the ES discussion thread and found no answer yet. So I decided to create a new thread to let more people could see. With regard to CPU, I am particularly interested in Xeon E5 2666 v3 ES for the balance between high...
  7. G

ES Xeon Discussion

Hello guys, I'm new for buying an ES CPU. This thread helps me a lot to clarify stuff. With regard to CPU, I am particularly interested in Xeon E5 2666 v3 ES for the balance between high frequency and # cores. This CPU is not shown ark of Intel, and it is deployed in Amazon AWS. My main usage...