Recent content by Gabriel Mateiciuc

1. G

Looking for a Connectx-3 custom firmware package

@ Hi Gabriel, Do you have opensm (or another SM running ?) If I understand correctly, you need infiniband connections between is5030 and CX3 cards using QSFP+ dacs (good for 40g IB or ethernet). you could mod the ini to one for infiniband or VPI ports. Maibe try to pass the right parameters to...
  2. G

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

http://lab.netservers.ro/
  3. G

Mellanox ConnectX-3 firmware tweaks QDR - QSFP+

You have to pay attention to the transceiver type and the chip type - pro vs non pro (it’ll not boot and have to go through recovery). Easieast way would be to use the ini/bin from the card you’re targeting. If you load the mlx4_en module, does the card show ?
  4. G

FreeNas/TrueNas RDMA Support (FR for voting)

Another piece of info regarding the switch - I haven't set up anything for QOS. It's a dumb switch ...
  5. G

I've migrated 2 machines from core 13 to scale up to latest version. I haven't noticed any difference in performance. IMHO, zfs + zvol isn't where it should be performance wise. In fact I'm exploring other options for nvme drives other than zfs, but that is for another thread. I've also got...
  6. G

I just wanna say that as of 22.12 release of TrueNAS SCALE, RDMA is doable in a few steps. 1. Add RDMA support to the system - I've went with OFED package from Mellanox Nvidia : Mellanox OFED (MLNX_OFED) Software: End-User Agreement - add kernel support, enable nvmf and (optional) nfsover rdma...
  7. G

If there aren’t changes to parameters, it should work.
  8. G

@Rand__ - you beat me to it. @dazagrt - you can extract the ini. Usually, the headers and comments will provide the answer. Other way - check mfg/vendor id
  9. G

40gb nic split to 4 10G port ?dream come to true ?

Well, to add to this topic. I've managed to update to the latest version available in the "synergy" package from hpe - 8.50.44 I've yet to make more tests under linux, but, so far, it's still locked at 4x25G.
  10. G

Perc H710 Mini to IT mode

Flawless ... hat's of to fohdeesha
  11. G

More custom Mellanox firmware tips

I thing the last cx2 (sometimes also confused with cx1 - only revision number is different) has a latest of 2.10.720 that can be generated from mellanox. a 2.11.x might be with some modifications done by sun/oracle. I wouldn't expect someone from oracle jumping in and at least shedding some...
  12. G

I've bricked a 6015 this way ... see if you have a console port to get to some kind of bootloader, or try and see if it has a recovery switch to try and flash it over IB. The guide here for 6xxx managed switches could provide you with valuable hints for what to try and how.
  13. G

Pretty much as I stand. I've had to put a hold on this project for a bit (production is on mellanox cx3pro). Can you detail the recovery option ? I'm willing to give it a go. PM me if you feel uncomfortable to post in the open :) LE: for me, what I'm trying to achieve is make the port 1x40 or...
  14. G

Hello, I also have a pair of 620qsfp28 adapters from hpe. I can't update the firmware to the stock qlogic one - I've only managed to advance a few versions with binaries from HP. Is there a way to crossflash/force flash ? The reason I ask and the pain is giving me is that it doesn't seem to...
  15. G

The domain expired yesterday. Until i get it back up, the ip is 37.120.243.11