Recent content by Frank173

1. F

Mellanox WinOF powershell cmdlets not working in Windows 10 (ConnectX-3 SMB Direct/RDMA)

I can't find any reference in that article to the claim that Richcopy splits up single file copies into multiple segments to be handled by multiple threads if desired.
  2. F

Mellanox WinOF powershell cmdlets not working in Windows 10 (ConnectX-3 SMB Direct/RDMA)

The link appears dead. And could not find any other reference that confirms your claim. Guess the only way to find out is trying it out.
  3. F

Even robocopy does not split up a single file copy into segments that can be transferred concurrently. And anyway, it remains a total mystery why Windows limits single threaded file transfers to around 1GB/sec when the network can handle a multiple, when the file storage can handle a multiple...
  4. F

I gave up on smb direct, rdma, and roce. I did not witness any performance increases for file servers. Windows file manager operates single threaded and I max out bandwidth at 1GB/sec no matter what. I have file access to a striped array at over 12 GB/sec but can't transfer that performance over...
  5. F

C:\Program Files\Mellanox\MLNX_CIMProvider\WMI\Modules\MLNXProvider
  6. F

They are not part of WinOF2 but are part of WinOF. I just used them today they are definitely part of WinOF
  7. F

marv, did you ever get the Mellanox cmdlets to work in Windows 10 Pro for Workstation? I am facing similar issues right now and nowhere does it mention that roce or rdma only works by sharing from Windows Server, it should work equally well in Windows 10 Pro for Workstation, but I cannot even...
  8. F

Are these counterfeit Xeon CPUs?

Report it to Intel and let them work with Amazon.
  9. F

Where's the love for Windows 7?

Your crystal balls might be wrongly calibrated. Microsoft is on the upswing in so many areas, their company valuations reflect that. Windows 10 has overtaken Windows 7 in terms of market share. They bought the world's largest developer repository, their software OS margins look very juicy from a...
  10. F

Where's the love for Windows 7?

Not sure who is dreaming here but Windows 10 overtook Windows 7 and overall commands a very solid market share, even in the corporate market. Here the hard numbers: According to web analytics vendor Net Applications, Windows 10's share fell by six-tenths of a percentage point in February...
  11. F

PSU fans very loud and CPU Temps volatile

Turned out the psu fans cannot be adjusted. Without hardware modifications. By the way, for anyone who is interested in the ESC8000 and pcie bifurcation capabilities, I contacted Asus and they actually created a custom bios for me that allows for bifurcation of the pcie lanes despite that not...
  12. F

Are these counterfeit Xeon CPUs?

Most likely, at least when fulfilled and shipped by Amazon, customers scammed Amazon and someone in the return department did not check carefully enough before selling returned items. I can't come up with a single reason why Amazon would intentionally do this given the massive reputational risk...
  13. F

Questions about AMD EPYC NUMA & Rome

Agree with all you said IF AMD delivers what you hope for. But gpu compute servers generally house 8 or more gpus, a few less but I don't consider those serious gpu compute servers. Rome may be interesting in many regards though admittedly I have lost hope in AMD for anything that concerns low...