Recent content by FozzieBear

1. F

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

Working on an X10SRH board with the latest IPMI. Just a note, if you're using slow fans (like the fans on the Noctua NH-U9DX i4 I'm using) and set the duty cycle to something low, they'll drop below the lower critical threshold and the IPMI will spin them right back up again. Just lower the...
  2. F

Updated: 01-23-23 -NVMe SSDs!

Memory arrived and working great, thanks!
  3. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Well, took a while due to having to wait for the return to get back to them and shipping delays, but it wasn't much of a hassle to get this corrected. Thumbs up on the seller, now have a working X10SRH board.
  4. F

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

For my 7250-24P, I started with replacing the rear fans with 2x MF40201V3-1000U-G99. I found that the fans were near silent when running at speed 1, but it would intermittently kick up into speed 2 when the ASIC hit a high enough temp. This sits in a rack right next to me, so I added 1x...
  5. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Got one today, sort of. They shipped me an X9SRH instead of a X10SRH....at least it was packed super well! I guess I'll let everyone know how their CS is, hah.
  6. F

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

Anyone had any luck getting this working on a X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD? Control of the mode works, which is what I'm using now. Trying to manipulate a zone to a specific speed returns an error though. root@hyperion:~# ipmitool raw 0x30 0x70 0x66 0x01 0x00 0x32 Unable to send RAW command (channel=0x0...
  7. F

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

The default fan curves don't work well in my cooling setup. Idle is fine, but the standard profile lets temps get way too high before it begins to raise the fan speed. Hard disk temperature isn't accounted for in its fan speed selection also...So if the system is essentially idle from a CPU...
  8. F

That modifies the fan thresholds within the IPMI, but doesn't actually give control over the fan speed itself...just the alarming thresholds. I'm hoping to be able to directly set fan speed via PWM. I see some entries in the SuperMicro FAQ alluding to this being possible on some X8 and X10...
  9. F

Anyone with a SuperMicro X9 board been able to get access to the BMC\IPMI in Linux to manipulate the PWM values for the fans directly via /sys/class/hwmon? It looks like it should be accessible via the w83627ehf kernel driver, but the box can't see it when trying to load the driver. It also...
  10. F

How much bandwidth have you used over the last month at home? Feb 2016 edition

Fairly typical month....usually around 2T in\out combined. Still have a DirecTV subscription, mostly just for live events\sports though.
  11. F

Seriously? After JUST having returns for crappy packaging, they turn around and do it again?! Guess I have a seller to add to my blacklist.
  12. F

This forum needs a Korean 4k thread

+1. I wasn't totally sold on the ultrawide when I first got it on my personal setup. After using it for awhile, it pains me to go back to mulitple monitors on my work setup.
  13. F

In my case, it was wedged in a box at about a 30 degree angle, with two pretty hefty heatsinks strapped to it. A few drops during shipping would have probably put quite a bit of stress on the PCB. Right in the middle of those two heatsinks is the DIMM slot that's bad. Might just be a coincidence...
  14. F

Yeah, clean as a whistle in there. Tried swapping CPU's, booting with just one, etc. Always fails if there's something in that particular slot. Double checked the socket also, pins look ok to my eye in it. I did find a reference on the SuperMicro site that it can be caused by damage to resistors...
  15. F

Welp, looks like my board will be going back to comp-tec. Hangs at B7 with anything populated in DIMM Slot "P1-DIMMB1". Tried 4 different modules on the SuperMicro memory list and all fail in that particular slot, but work fine anywhere else. The bent fins on the heatsink should have been a...