Recent content by ewillis1

1. E

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

@Savant Do you know if this is able to run on a bootable raid array on any Ryzen motherboards(especially with the new upgrade to allow bootable nvme raid)? And what does linux support look like? Details are hard to find on the internet, and it's not for lack of trying!
  2. E

How to install kvm console in old compaq cabinet?

I recently acquired an old compaq server cabinet. I was able to install all of my servers on slide rails within the cabinet.. however. When I went to install my startech duraview KSR-115XX It seems it is too narrow. Simply, the installed rails on the console "fall short" and I can't just slide...
  3. E

Backblaze Harddrive failure rates Q2 2016

Hard Drive Failure Rates: The Results from 68,813 Hard Drives Looks like the 8TB helium filled drives are holding up well!
  4. E

Intel DC S3500 Series 600GB SSD SATA 2.5"

Mortgage or faster storage?
  5. E

Rent Compute Server(s) ~ 16 real cores (1 or more systems)

I might have you covered. I don't run anything on my servers. They're just humming along in the corner of my room. Ill pull specs and shoot you a PM.
  6. E

DELL MD1000: Cabling + Connection Issue.

Hey Everyone. So I have a DELL MD1000 populated with hard drives that I've been neglecting to hookup to my stack of servers for the past couple of months. Originally I bought a SAS cable that was recommended to me on /r/homelab. However when I got it, it has a sort of alligator clip style...
  7. E

WTB: USB Floppy Drive + Diskettes

I have a new working Toshiba 3200SX that just came in.. but alas no floppy drives laying around that I can use. I'm looking to buy a usb floppy drive and some (3.5" double density or high density) diskettes so I can reload the software on this machine and maybe get OS/2 running on it! Thanks...
  8. E

FS: 72x W.L. Gore QDR Infiniband cables.

Longtime lurker here: I recently picked up 80 W.L. Gore QDR Infiniband cables and I only have a need for 8 of them. Looking to sell the remaining 72. Item description: W. L. Gore QDR Infiniband Cable. Connector Type: CX4 MPN: IBN4800-2 Length: 2 Meter Rate: QDR Asking $14/cable + free ship...