Recent content by Enigma86

1. E

Looking for Fast/Cheap Wireless solution

Hey there guys, I am in the middle of changing around my network a little bit but its going to give me a problem to solve here that I was trying to think of a creative way to make it cheaper but I'm not all that knowledgeable and wanted more experienced input. Right now I have Centurylink...
  2. E

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Awesome! Thanks! Quick question then... What is the main usage of the 6x10GbE? I guess I'm not seeing what makes this unit more valuable. Is it just having that level of accessablility directly on the unit without having to go to a switch? Also. When y'all are saying 10gbe, everything I saw...
  3. E

Thank you for the reply. So my background is a computer science degree and I work in cybersecurity, mainly more software oriented, and while I understand the specs of hardware I'm not super knowledgeable about what's out there. The reason I was looking at this was even if I get that and put a...
  4. E

Hey guys, just got finished reading through this entire thread. I actually found this server first and from looking for more information on it found the thread. Wanted to get an idea of how well this will work for my plan for my overpowered home network. Currently have a Brocade 6610 switch...
  5. E

ICX6610 unable to ping

Hey there, I've ran into a snag that I can't really understand. I'm new to switching and it's been pretty rough so far. I picked up the 6610 after reading through the ICX series sticky thread. I have all the firmware on it and its ready to go but configuring it is being a pain. First...
  6. E

Hardware for Gbit VPN/firewall

Hey there, thanks for the input. I guess part of my confusion with some of these devices and hardware is that they post the IPsec throughput but if you're using OpenVPN based VPN services and OpenVPN as a server at home then you're running SSL encryption which is a lot slower than IPsec...
  7. E

Hardware for Gbit VPN/firewall

Hey guys this is my first post, I've been reading this forum and others for a while trying to figure out the cheapest way to accomplish this task. I'm in the process of setting up my home network for a few different things and have decided I want to implement a firewall directly behind my...