Recent content by Ellwood

1. E

Containerized Zcash ZEC Mining with nvidia-docker

I don't think you can modify the fee in the latest version. Also, not 100% sure, but the reports (well, posts) I read over on bitcointalk seem to indicate he's no longer supporting or developing (their last post was in July). Not sure if Patrick would develop the DSTM miner into a docker image.
  2. E

Cracking Passwords with 10x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPUs

Yeah, but.... did you actually crack any passwords with those 10 GPUs? Like the old Rockyou list, or more recent Twitter or last.fm?
  3. E

Windows licenses from Ebay

Ok, I only have a single point of evidence. I literally made up my business name and website (registered with Google domains), and had no problem. But, it's possible I was a fluke. I'd say it couldn't hurt too much to try, or just take the eBay route, since there you can at least get Datacenter...
  4. E

Monero Mining Performance

When you say VMs, I think VMware. I'm not sure how the other OS's do virtualization, but I can tell you that with VMware, smaller is better for core count. You'd have better overall performance running 40 VMs with 2 cores than 4 VMs with 20 cores. This is just because VMware wont release...
  5. E

Windows licenses from Ebay

Not exactly, you literally just need a website and email address to put into their form fields, plus the name you call yourself/business. You can get the cheapest web address you can find and go from there. You don't even have to be an MCP, it doesn't get you any additional discount (unless my...
  6. E

And so it begins: ASUS Mining P106

They only way I could see it even being close to "worth it" would be if they allowed it to enter into SLI/Crossfire. At least, there'd be some residual benefit to a GPU card without outputs. I thought I remembered seeing a few years ago that dissimilar cards for Nvidia could be used for the...
  7. E

XMR: Moving from Minergate to mineXMR

Almost makes me wish I was unethical and unscrupulous. Almost.
  8. E

Oh, I should have clarified, I can adjust the power level, and have, but if I try to show supported clocks, I get N/A. I've dropped both the cards by 20% with no problems, I just know they can clock a little faster even with the lower power level.
  9. E

Patrick, any advice for adjusting with nvidia-smi? The cards themselves I had no problem with under Windows with something like MSI Afterburner, but in Linux, running basic show clocks, or show supported clock, and even trying to manually adjust based on what I know worked under Windows meets...
  10. E

Deploying vSphere Integrated Containers

So, a preface, I followed the steps below, but then essentially scrapped the whole thing trying to get the damn UI plugin to work. I haven't had time to fix it (it's an ssl thumbprint or trust issue). What follows is pretty much how I got it to work with my VCSA. I'll try deploying to just ESXi...
  11. E

VMware Integrated Containers

Yeah, I've got half a write up on how to deploy it on vSphere.... however, I was stuck at getting the UI plugin working, and it basically derailed the other 95% (no joke, I'm just crazy perfectionist with somethings, not all, but somethings bug me) It's nice, I don't know if it's any better...
  12. E

Oh, did I "do it wrong" ? I looked at a guide a while ago on installing Docker, and nvidia-docker which told me to install the nvidia drivers on my base system. Could I have omitted that step and just pulled nvidia-docker?
  13. E

Do I launch one docker instance per GPU (and use the cuda switch) Or just one container and it'll pick them both up? I scored a 1060 from Amazon warehouse for 160 with 2 fans. Figured it was worth the plunge, and if the whole mining thing goes belly up, it'll be a replacement for my wife's 660...
  14. E

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

I did a zip tie around the screw tight with another zip tie in the loop, then that zip tie, I fed through the fan holes. I put the 60 on the CPU (I had the same idea you did, and realized it was a 50mm on the ASRock 1540 I have). I did use the 40mm on the network heatsink since that thing gets...