Recent content by Eds89

1. E

Issues with RES2SV240, guidance requested

Anyone got any thoughts? My replacement works perfectly, so if I can repair the old one I’d like to so I can keep it as a spare. cheers Eds
  2. E

Issues with RES2SV240, guidance requested

Hi, I have an LSI HBA connected to an Intel RES2SV240 SAS expander which has been working beautifully for a number of years now. I’ve completed an update to my TrueNAS box today, and when powering it back on, only devices connected directly to the HBA are detected, and nothing is detected via...
  3. E

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

I'm wondering if someone can give me some pointers as I'm revisiting doing this myself but struggling a bit; I have a custom build server running ESXi 7.0 U2, with a Quadro P400 connected. I have the Quadro passed through to my VM, but even with R471 driver, I got Error 43, so had to add the...
  4. E

SuperMicro X9 IPMI custom fan curve

Thanks for that! How does the duty cycle interact with temperature thresholds? I.e if I set a specific duty cycle to 50%, and CPU temps spike, will the duty cycle increase in line with that or stay at the 50% mark? Also, do the fans need to be set to "Full Speed" mode before adjusting duty...
  5. E

SuperMicro X9 IPMI custom fan curve

Hi, I know there is a lot of info out there about SuperMicro IPMI fan speed control and threshold adjustment, but it is somewhat beyond me. I am curious to know if it is possible to define custom fan curves and settings? My understanding of how IMPI handles thresholds and controls fans is...
  6. E

SuperMicro X9SRL-F IPMI fan speed assistance

When you say the same issue, do you mean your fans spin up and down repeatedly?
  7. E

Samsung SM953 firmware update/OP

I don't believe so, although I cannot be sure as I didn't buy it new.
  8. E

Bugger, just noticed that nasty little NC on FAN 3 with low RPM. I have lowered my lower thresholds for FAN 3, so NC is now 250. Seems ok now!
  9. E

Samsung SM953 firmware update/OP

No one been in this scenario previously?
  10. E

Here is my sensor output during a period where the fans oscillate: CPU Temp | 24.000 | degrees C | ok | 0.000 | 0.000 | 0.000 | 95.000 | 98.000 | 100.000 System Temp | 23.000 | degrees C | ok | -9.000 | -7.000 | -5.000 | 80.000 |...
  11. E

Do you want to see the output of sensor when in optimal mode or full speed?
  12. E

IIRC, setting to full speed runs them at full all the time without issue, but I don't really understand the concept of the duty cycle enough to tinker with this, so not really sure what I'm doing there. I can't be certain, but I think if I set it to standard, they all run at lowest RPM without...
  13. E

No all the fans are 4 pin PWM fans. I did have 2 of the 80mm fans on a 4 pin to 4/3 pin splitter which I thought was the problem, but that wasn't the case as I connected just one of them directly to the header and it still does it. Definitely feels like a threshold issue, but none of the lower...
  14. E

They don't ever report 0rpm. They show as the lower bound for these fans, which is about 375 rpm, then after couple of seconds they ramp up to max speed which is about 1200rpm and 1950rpm, then a couple of seconds they lower back to 3675 ish. Running ipmitool sensor output confirms this every...
  15. E

All of these fans are from the Noctua Redux line here: Fans - Products 120mm ones are these: NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM I think my exhausts are actually 80mm and are NF-R8 redux-1800 PWM