Recent content by DRAGONKZ

1. D

Is "vSAN Recovery" during yellow boot screen normal?

Taken from the vSAN deep dive book by Duncan and Cormac
  2. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Has anyone got a copy of the latest 80.0.30u firmware for 6610s handy by any chance?
  3. D

Lol, seems easy enough then, I assume it will update both switches in the stack at the same time? Is there no need to update the boot or Poe firmware with this release? Thanks!
  4. D

Is there an idiots guide to updating an already 6610-48P stack? I’m due to shut down the lab for a dust/tidy up and may as well update the switches during this time. I updated them to 08030t when originally setting them up, not sure if that makes it easier or harder. Thanks!
  5. D

Is "vSAN Recovery" during yellow boot screen normal?

What you are seeing is normal, and is to do with the way vSAN reads/writes previously cached data during a reboot. I’ve got an article saved somewhere that explains it in detail, I’ll have to dig it up.
  6. D

AU Big Cisco UCS Sale, Servers, Chassis, Interconnects...etc

Long story short, I was planning on moving my large home lab to a "private" facility in an effort to reduce electricity costs, but my friend who was able to provide this looks to be leaving their job, so I've detoured to a "UCS mini" solution so I can keep it running at home instead without...
  7. D

Users/owners of certain HPE SAS SSDs will want to check and update firmwares.

There are no individual files as such, you either use an update iso if the server is managed as stand alone, or a package bundle is it’s managed by UCS. I guess you could try downloading the stand alone updates iso and browsing through it to try and find the relevant files. If you have lots of...
  8. D

I’ve updated all my Cisco drives. FYI, the new drive firmware is labelled “C405“ (it’s not documented anywhere at this point)
  9. D

Take care mate, hopefully you have a speedy recovery!
  10. D

Cisco has released 4.1 (1c) which apparently has the new firmware for these sandisk SSDs :)
  11. D

I’m just hoping to get some help getting my stack running, using the 2 x 40Gb ports between 2 ICX-6610-48P units. I originally planned for 2 units, but due the having no luck getting people to ship to AUS I proceeded with 1 unit for a while, but my second has finally arrived. My first is...
  12. D

I have 400GB and 1.6 TB versions of the Cisco branded ones, I assume they are also affected?
  13. D

Are there any PDUs that can measure power consumption per outlet and are networked??

I’ve got some APC AP8659 PDUs and they do metering and switching per port. Take a look at the AP86XX range if you need both metering and switching :)
  14. D

If they are 6610-48Ps send me a PM with the details, I’ve got some friends after some :)
  15. D

What model/config of a 7000 series gives the most amount of 10Gb ports and still supports PoE? (A 7450 with 3 x 4 port 10Gb modules?)