Recent content by dragonian

1. D

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

Mine came the exact same way.
  2. D

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

I agree with assessment that replacing unifi w/ ruckus has been faster and more stable. I replaced a nanoHD & AC-PRO w/ 2x R610 in the same locations and it has been a quantifiable improvement. I have installed 2x r510s in a friend's house, and they are similar performance to the r610s. I...
  3. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Anyone need a "few" switches? Lot of Brocade ICX 6450-48p
  4. D

Since I was moving some stuff around in the closet today, I did a little power measurement. Using killawatt: 7250-48 - 31W idle (only console) 7250-24p - 45W idle (only console) Before the poe was initialized i saw 35W on the 24p. Edit: I realize that the -48 was previously a stack member...
  5. D

I do like the looks of the 7150-c12p :) It looks better in black.
  6. D

I have a friend that got a quote to upgrade his old ZF7372 ruckus network in his dental office to "Access Networks". It was a big $$ number and it wasn't clear what model they were putting in. Instead we acquired a number of R710s, and upgraded everything ourselves.
  7. D

[WTB] AMD 64 Core 'ES' and ''QS' CPU's

The one that matches your board? You might want to read that entire thread... There is a lot there. I used the Rome_H11SSLI_Rev2 cause the stickers on my SM H11SSLI board said Rev 2.0 :) H11SSLI - Single socket board H11DSI - Dual socket board The MZ01 are gigabyte boards.
  8. D

Any downsides with ConnectX-3?

I can't imagine linux removing support for the ConnectX-3 cards.. how many ancient generations of intel chips are still supported? Incidentally ConnectX3 is supported by the mlx4 linux driver. I don't feel bad picking up cheap SFP+ cards, then you have options - you can rock the 10GB-T or...
  9. D

[WTB] AMD 64 Core 'ES' and ''QS' CPU's

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/finally-overclocking-epyc-rome-es.28111/
  10. D

I went from a AP-PRO and a nanoHD 1 year ago to 2x R610, and couldn't be happier. I get substantially higher speeds and connection quality throughout the house. IMHO, R610s are fine (as would R710s or likely even R510s). I don't see that the wifi6 APs are worth the cost. I run multiple...
  11. D

Understood that 4 APs might be overkill. The house is 2300 sqft on the main level, and 1600 on the lower level (+ garage). My thought was that I would have 2 on the main level. One in the pantry on one side of the house, and one in the master closet on the other. And wire for a potential 1 or...
  12. D

While thinking of planning ahead while building house, (won't call it future proofing).. Planning for 3-4 r610s for now, running from a ICX7250. Should I run 2x cat6/cat6a for LACP/LAG to each AP? or assume that in the future NBASE-T becomes more prevalent, and I can get away with only one...
  13. D

EXPIRED Brocade ICX-7250P

This router is not compatible with multigig. They don’t have the drivers required to generate the appropriate clocks for 2.5 or 5. Only 1 or 10 will work. There is more info in the large brocade thread.
  14. D

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

According to others in this thread... that is not the case.. at least with ES parts.
  15. D

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

dual socket boards need both cpu's populated to post