Eaton EMA111-10 $77+shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
Got mine in the mail yesterday from reship.com, took like 3 weeks from seller to them, then them to me in California, but so be it. Tried to install them in my 18u rack, to find that the rack is ~2mm too short to shove them in the back. I'm gonna start hammering away to try and get the rack to budge to get them in, but curious, what racks are you guys installing these in? I dont really need a 42U rack for the 6 servers I have, so trying to keep it small.

For the record, I did measure as best I could, and they arrived in pristine condition, so I'd really love to use them, might need to upgrade to a 27u rack or something if this doesn't work out.

Reactions: Samir

llowrey

Feb 26, 2018
I installed mine in a 42U APC cabinet. I had to reverse the buttons for zero-u mounting because of the thickness of the sheet metal but they snapped right into place. It's amazing how easy it is to fill a 42U cabinet.

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
anyone find firmware updates for these? just registered with eaton, will see if i can get something.

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I installed mine in a 42U APC cabinet. I had to reverse the buttons for zero-u mounting because of the thickness of the sheet metal but they snapped right into place. It's amazing how easy it is to fill a 42U cabinet.
Tell me about it, I regret getting a 27U and only 24" deep. should have done a 40+Ux30"

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
Tell me about it, I regret getting a 27U and only 24" deep. should have done a 40+Ux30"
a 27U would've worked... My 18U 1000mm deep rack is 2mm too short to fit it. I tried cutting part of the top to get it to fit, but it's a super tight squeeze against my firewall facia. I ended up using the ears that came with them to mount them facing out the back of the rack and took off the rear door. It's janky, but it'll have to do until I can get a larger rack somewhere.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
a 27U would've worked... My 18U 1000mm deep rack is 2mm too short to fit it. I tried cutting part of the top to get it to fit, but it's a super tight squeeze against my firewall facia. I ended up using the ears that came with them to mount them facing out the back of the rack and took off the rear door. It's janky, but it'll have to do until I can get a larger rack somewhere.
Janky is obviously in the eye of the beholder. Running with the rear door off a real rack....well that would be the pinnacle of sophisticated for me.

I too have 18U, and I also had to use the ears to mount mine (no holes in the stanchions!). But there the similarity most definitely ends :p. On the plus side, this matches all the other Ikea furniture in my home office/tech cave of doom.

IMG_2356.jpgIMG_2354.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Samir and itronin

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I am soooo in love with these!! They do everything I want them do and does it straight out of the box. They're so good that I've figured out that I need more of them. Anyone have some spares? Spartus?

And the re-packaging by Spartus was PHENOMENAL. :) It was so good that you can't tell if it came from the factory this way or was re-packaged. Absolutely stellar.

There was a gash in one of the corners of the box, but it didn't seem to touch anything so far (still unpackaging). Got one installed out of my 5x and can't wait to do the rest. :)

Thank you so very much for doing this for us Spartus. We most definitely owe you one! Next time I'm in Canada near you, you've got a free meal waiting for you. :)

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Thank you so very much for doing this for us Spartus. We most definitely owe you one! Next time I'm in Canada near you, you've got a free meal waiting for you. :)
My pleasure. Made a couple bucks along the way in tips too. Glad there was no drama and it worked out for everyone.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
For those that updated firmware, how many options are there for recurrent power scheduling? Did they change anything from the 2 event stock setup? Thank you in advance!

llowrey

Feb 26, 2018
For those that updated firmware, how many options are there for recurrent power scheduling? Did they change anything from the 2 event stock setup? Thank you in advance!
I don't see a way to set more than one event:

1644958488669.png

The "Further Action" options are all disabled. Is there somewhere else where schedules can be managed?

EDIT: It looks like "Further Action" only works if you select On/Off, not Reboot.

Last edited:

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I don't see a way to set more than one event:

View attachment 21685

The "Further Action" options are all disabled. Is there somewhere else where schedules can be managed?

EDIT: It looks like "Further Action" only works if you select On/Off, not Reboot.
Yep, same thing I'm seeing on the shipping firmware. Oh well. They still work well. :)

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
Janky is obviously in the eye of the beholder. Running with the rear door off a real rack....well that would be the pinnacle of sophisticated for me.

I too have 18U, and I also had to use the ears to mount mine (no holes in the stanchions!). But there the similarity most definitely ends :p. On the plus side, this matches all the other Ikea furniture in my home office/tech cave of doom.

View attachment 21612View attachment 21613
Challange accepted:
20220217_183858.jpg

Did yours have side panels? can you show a close up of how you attached them on your rack? Do you mind me asking what brand you have?

Last edited:

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Challange accepted:

Did yours have side panels? can you show a close up of how you attached them on your rack? Do you mind me asking what brand you have?
Err....were you asking me?

Mine is made from Ikea "Lack" Side tables :D Three tops, two sets of legs, and a pack of casters. I wasn't kidding that a real rack with no back would have been quite sophisticated for me!

Its open on the sides and each server sits on aluminum angles so I can slide them out one at a time. I used wood screws to attach the Eaton unit's brackets to the backs of the table tops.

LACK Side table, black-brown, 215/8x215/8" - IKEA

1645156598180.png

Reactions: SPCRich and Samir

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
Err....were you asking me?

Mine is made from Ikea "Lack" Side tables :D Three tops, two sets of legs, and a pack of casters. I wasn't kidding that a real rack with no back would have been quite sophisticated for me!

Its open on the sides and each server sits on aluminum angles so I can slide them out one at a time. I used wood screws to attach the Eaton unit's brackets to the backs of the table tops.

LACK Side table, black-brown, 215/8x215/8" - IKEA

View attachment 21727
damn it looks like a legit rack lol if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid