Recent content by dgcruzing

1. D

Win 7 SP1 new install problems with Windows Update - help

Bit late jumping in here on this.. but like to throw a few cents in.. Picked up a Asus T100 for a give away on a trip I am about to embark on.. Anyway, have upgraded it from Win8 to win10 and surprised at how well it goes.. Asus Transformer Book T100 FAQs, Guides & Tips Asus Transformer Book...
  2. D

SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB - 18$ free shipping

Yes, buyer and sellers beware.. I just reported a buyer that was trying to get me to sell outside of eBay.. New account and had some cockandbull story about wanted to buy it to send to a nephew .. As it turned out..eBay was onto the account and within hours it was shut down.. If it smells...
  3. D

(AUS)Toshiba Dynadock USB 3.0 Dual HD Docking Station - Brand New -

Auction.. Lets see if what they go for.. but not a bad bit of kit.. I would not pay more then $AU60-70 as a deal.. ebay they are going for $AU120ish.. Note: not the 4k version Toshiba Dynadock USB 3.0 Dual HD Docking Station - Brand New - RRP: $200 | ALLBIDS.com.au
  4. D

DG's Synology NAS with Dockers

I thought its about time I start building a thread on my little setup I have running and get a bit more advice and which way I should go with it for development purposes. Give me a week or so to fill in the details and get a diagram up of what is in place and then from there I can start to ask...
  5. D

AU server stuff at Graysonline FYI

I have grabbed a couple few things.. but have found like all auctions know your price points and be prepared to walk away. Seems there is a few to many resellers on there that are over paying for items..some of the prices on the X1s are way too high.. Picked up a new Dell laser printer for $9...
  6. D

AU server stuff at Graysonline FYI

Bobby, hope you havent been bidding against me on any of the Lenovo yoga 900s that have been coming through.. lol.. I am waiting on some motherboards to turn up in next week.. with luck it's a quick replacement.. otherwise i am screwed.. I had to visit a client that was running one of them up...
  7. D

Newegg via eBay: *Refurbished* Intel SSD DC S3700 Series 2.5" 800GB $200 Shipped

Yes, wanted to grab one but am locked out as here in Aus and just can't get a payment on them.. even started a US eBay account but newegg still won't accept any payments outside of the states. (Via PayPal or a Aus cc card).. .. I don't think there will be any left.by the time my frieght company...
  8. D

Amazon: Western Digital RE WD6001FXYZ 6TB 3.5" Hard Drive $210

Cheers, will grab a pair and run them in tandem for backups.. now just to get newegg to accept the purchase and send them to my reship address I have there.. same story as before.. will update the reship to Aus for the other members as I think I may have found another way round buying off...
  9. D

Amazon: Western Digital RE WD6001FXYZ 6TB 3.5" Hard Drive $210

Would these be OK for light work in a Synology 8 bay?
  10. D

SAMSUNG PM863 960gb $195

Chances are I am going to throw it into the Synology DS1813+ as I have got a SSD 850 EVO 250GB in there at the moment. As for the i5 and ram, Ebay was offering 20% off the other night so grabbed those for $AU345.60.. I could got better on the ram\CPU if I wasn't so impatient, I should have...
  11. D

Toshiba Enterprise SSD refurb 960,400 and 200 TB

Just an idea on the OS shipping and paying on newegg.. I just had that problem buying the asrock mini 110 that is still as rare as hen's teeth on the open market.. So I paid $8 for reship.com to buy it for me and then they ship to you.. worth a look .. I ship to Aus with them when I want US...
  12. D

SAMSUNG PM863 960gb $195

Thanks for the heads up, grabbed one for a new HTPC I am building.. it's a bit of over kill for it but looking forward to having this and one of those Intel ssd 400g that have been going.. Will post spec's in the HTPC hardware thread..as I am going to use one of the new Asrock mini 110 that...