Recent content by Derwood

1. D

Network, routing help needed. Willing to pay for assistance.

Hey folks, I'm a bit mythed on a few items mixing a few technologies and I was wondering if anyone with some experience would be willing to personally assist via the internet, like through skype, email or discord to aid me to reach a working solution involving routing an assigned IP from my...
  2. D

Mellanox 4036 (IBS05?) gaining access.

Managed to find the time today to update using the packages I've hosted and from another location in order to do said updates. Couple of images displaying what I started with, updated to and then further updated again to the last 3.9.1-985. I'd just like to say this Voltaire is totally new to...
  3. D

I've copied all the firmware, webpages included and here are the links to such. If you click the download button it will DL from my webserver too rather then anywhere else. Firmware links: 2.0.0...
  4. D

Hey folks, In short I've imported an Mellanox Voltaire 4036 infiniband switch from the USA to the UK and although I've had no electrical issues as you'd expect because it runs such a varied voltage spectrum I have however had some troubles with basic logging in, namely accessing accounts such...
  5. D

DIY Voltaire 4036+e web2cmd interface.

Hey folks, *I could be way off even my own topic here too as my personal experience with this model and even the fact it's not even delivered yet is a troubling issue to my factual experience on the matter, nice disclaimer eh.. (he says) The Voltaire 4036 switch even for its age is a very...
  6. D

Mellanox IS5030 - Managed QDR Infiniband Switch Write-up

The fella that created this review/post mentioned it's burnt in to the firmware, I'm sure he mentioned flicking the reset button for a period, resetting to factory defaults he then managed to extract the license number? Was this not the same for yourself I assume?
  7. D

This is a really good thread, some wonderful replies I'm now stuck with deciding between the IBM Mellanox IV IS5030 or the voltaire 4036 GRID director only about $40~$45 difference in price and an interface too I assume. I also think the drops in transfer rate over a period regardless of the...
  8. D

Awesome topic!!!!!!
  9. D

Mellanox IS5030 License Issue

Although I cannot confirm anything about this issue myself, I too have been looking at what I assume to be the very same model: InfiniScale IV IS5030 and I noticed within the description about licences so am not totally sure about a purchase now! Have you come to any result with regards to this...
  10. D

NetApp DS2246 + HBA? with RAID options?

Well, starting to be tested today when I found time away from my R&D bench, building some apparatus to assist me elsewhere with a pre-production job. This is a totally fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS with nothing done apart from installing the PMC8003 REV:3.0 part: 111-00341+B1, connecting...
  11. D

From where the mistake took place with regards to taking delivery of an B1 rather then an F2.. The strange thing is they've emailed me personally and told me not to worry with regards to sending them the card back at all and that the correct card '+F2' will be in the post today! All this is...
  12. D

Guess I'll have to wait, but have to say that side by side the LSI card looks very well made and quite possibly the smallest heatsink I've seen for a while attached to this sort of card. Can't wait!
  13. D

Well I ordered the +F2 variant and received the +B1 sadly this morning.. Chasing up the seller for an exchange as we speak. Darn, this shall lead to another week of waiting around to test the entire DS2246 and both cards side by side with all the correct cabling. I'll be using a couple of 2.5"...
  14. D

The LSI card has arrived, still expecting the NetApp F2 variant and thankfully as prescribed two cables meeting the QSFP+ > SFF-8088 requirements.. I doubt to be needing two cables but if this works out as I've intended I'll purchase another NetApp to fill too and carry on from there. I've...
  15. D

[WtB] QSFP+? > SFF-8088 cables, 2pcs

Thanks very much for the fast reply, it is looking that I will purchase from the eBay link as I've an account and in use with them rather then the amazon, but both stores are good. Cheers buddy, I'll be working towards purchasing two cables if I can over the next fortnight, while cards and such...