Recent content by Derwood

1. D

Mellanox 4036 (IBS05?) gaining access.

I'm still really interested in operating this IB switch since purchase even though I've ran in to some niggles, I have updated the links somewhat GridDirector_voltaire_4036 where you should be able to find drivers as I DL'd them and any other documents and stuff I enter in to the DIr over the...
  2. D

Brocade VDX 6740

Heya, Amazing to see other users of these branded switch models, my attraction which grew from another home lab technician's nod on a good purchase which was the VDX6720 which seemed an easy jump from an aging Netgear GS748TS stack @ 1GbE per port to 10GbE linking the servers however this sole...
  3. D

Netgear web based UI function.

Hey all, Just a small post in case anyone in the future looking back and has the same issues then that I have faced kinda now regarding Netgear web based interface functions working correctly on some switch, firewall models within some browsers & versions. I cannot fault WIN32 Netscape 9.0.0.6...
  4. D

Brocade VDX 6740

Do you folks mind if I tag along with this thread too & contribute if possible, I've an VDX 6740T & VDX 6720 linked via QSFP+ > 4x SFP+ DAC :D *SO surprised not to see you folks running chasing LED scripts ;)
  5. D

Cisco WaaS 6.4.x rescue iso

I can host it on my web server, if anyone else has things needing.. Happy to put them in a public folder for you too. I've some odd SUN, MELLANOX and other firmwares and such about that might be useful :D
  6. D

Cisco WaaS 6.4.x rescue iso

I cannot seem to gain enty to a CISCO WaaS rescue CD-ROM, does anyone have access, I'm kind of stuck with a WAVE 7541 which I'm also in the process of upgrading the processors to hex cores along with the SAS drives. I would really love to use WaaS, as it was when new but with some upgrades...
  7. D

VMware 6.7U3 NVMe Storage Issue

Interesting topic and solution finding, reminds me of the NetApp 520B > 512B sector change. Just never seen anyone having to do such with ESXi. Thanks very much for posting as I'm sure this will become something I come across soon.
  8. D

VMware sees NICs but show disconnected

I have to be honest too, I'm really not surprised most if not all live linux tests do work with whatever NIC they are dealt with and if anything the more dated the better. ESXi even though has a larger base then hyper-v, esxi itself as the versions go along drop older drivers in favour of newer...
  9. D

VMware sees NICs but show disconnected

Only two notions I can recall at present would be either DHCP settings within the TCP/IP stacks (Networking panel > TCP/IP stacks) or supported drivers? Solutions, modify TCP/IP stack, wait for change OR Google "VMware compatibility" and see if VMware supports the mobos NIC device from within...
  10. D

ESXi 6.5u3, 2xCX-2 within 2node IBM X3950x5 verses DELLs

Attached here, is the DELL R810 pNIC view which I might add are all total clean fresh installs. Im really considering moving all CX-2 cards to Chelsio T580 which allows for 40GbE ethernet rather then using the IB for IPoIB usage, but still utilising the same switch.
  11. D

Just got 1Gbps fiber optic internet

Lol yeah, nice ain't it I'm waiting on two 1GbE fiber installs myself. Its lovely, I already run a nice subnet but on VDSL2? It works but would be nicer with the new install. Hope you enjoy the bandwidth :)
  12. D

Here is the IBM X3950x5 2node terminal output, I made sure whatever previous would not hinder the newer install, everything went just as well here as it did within the DELLs, alas, still no joy! *I also rebooted at every possible step to make sure while within the IBM X3950x5 2node both MT26428...
  13. D

Another notion maybe I should let you know about is the ESXiCLI, all the DELL machines at terminal level responded well to these commands but I had to change some slight syntax to get the same output within the IBM X3950x5 2node.. DELLs: esxicli system module set --enabled=false --module=nrdma...
  14. D

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, yes a little dated on two cards (ain't rich). Heres the scenario, three exact same ESXi6.5u3 installs within either a DELL R810, CS24-NV7 using the Mellanox MT26428 (dual QSFP) IB cards all with the latest firmware are working...
  15. D

FreeNAS virtualized under ESXi

Nested virtualisation.