Recent content by Derf

1. D

Cannot connect to Napp-it - error 2 instances of service

Thank you for helping me, Gea. I had tried shutting down my server, rebooting it, I thought everything. Asking Napp-it to restart did not work. Out of pure bad luck, we had a power failure the other night. Everything in my house went dead. Even the computers that were connected to UPS...
  2. D

Cannot connect to Napp-it - error 2 instances of service

Hey, I've been going about a year without any maintenance. My last thread was here where I did a server update. OmniOS was a fresh install of 151038, Napp-it was a fresh install, and I'm using 21.01b9. A few weeks ago I was no longer able to connect to my Napp-it device. From my mac I can...
  3. D

Cannot login via web to Napp-it

Thanks Gea, I probably do not need 21.01b9 for those features and can live with 19.12b16. But I respect your work and the support you give and will still ask you for a quote to use the pro version and keep you developing Napp-it. But I'm still having problems... OmniOS is a fresh install of...
  4. D

Gea, 19.12b15 was the newest version it was showing me.. there was nothing newer than that, although it seemed strange that it was 2 years old... I suspected a problem, some gremlin in the code that was interfering with the function. Well, I spent too many hours trying to fix the problem, so I...
  5. D

I did update to v19.12 and I still receive Are there other services that this is dependent on? Also, I'm confused why after copying the /var/web-gui/_log directory back to OmniOS the old AFP share service does not allow me to connect to my shared zfs pool via AFP. I wonder if something else...
  6. D

I restored the info in OmniOS /var/web-gui/_log/ then I restarted Napp-it via On my Mac I did not see any shared folders as I used to. Sometimes shared folders on my Mac would disappear in Finder, such as after a long power failure when NAS restarted in the past. I tried manually...
  7. D

Thanks, I actually already tried those two steps: ping to 192.168.1.2 is good and restart napp-it did not solve issue. What I did find was that Mac Safari web browser will not connect to Napp-it server, but using Firefox it will connect. I will investigate the cause of the browser issue, so far...
  8. D

Thanks gea, I see my mistake and have re-run the command and installed napp-it. However, I cannot log in via a web browser. I am pointing my browser to http://192.168.1.2:81 and it does not connect, as if napp-it web service is not running. Can you provide a little more help...
  9. D

@gea So tonight I worked on updating my system. I exported my pool, backed up /var/web-gui/_log/, installed OmniOS 151038, and imported my pool. Things were going well, but I receive an error trying to install Napp-it. What am I missing? ~# wget -O - www.napp-it.org/napp-it | perl...
  10. D

Thanks Gea, I agree…
  11. D

restart napp-it command gives same error : cannot find /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 uname -a : sunoS 5.11 omnios-r151020-b5b8c75 I thought my system was up to date, however, this appears to be a release from 2016. I was sure I have updated since then??? I wonder if it would be possible to...
  12. D

@gea This is Unix, SunOS 5.11. I believe I went with Illumos over open Indiana, but it was years ago that I set this up. I don’t understand why it is looking for a Linux file. When I run the command you give I receive the same error.
  13. D

update : I connected a monitor and keyboard to my server (it is normally headless) and logged in. I tried to restart napp-it, and receive an error /root # cd /etc/init.d /etc/init.d # napp-it mini-https : cannot find /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /usr/bin/napp-it : line 17 : 27428 : killed ok...
  14. D

@gea Hello, I've been using Napp-it since around 2013, and luckily for me I don't have to do much, it just works. Folders are currently shared over my network via AFP to my iMac. I use a gen7 HP micro server as a NAS for additional storage and streaming movies. I have not been able to...