Recent content by DDD

1. D

Mix 10G 2.5G, slow speed, high Retr

The only RJ45 - SFP+ transciever that worked for me (with a ubiquiti es 16-xg and intel i255-v & usb 5g adapter) was the Aquantia AQS-107-CX-1. I have a Supermicro OEM version ( AOM-AQS-107-B0C2-CX ) which unfortunately was very expensive, but I didn't want to install an additional switch. Had...
  2. D

Confused about Micron 5100 performance with LSI2308 & ESXi passthru

You mean the sequential results? I missed them since in your initial post you were taking only about 4K iops - yes they look wierd. Micron engineers may know why the specs for the highest capacity drives drop off on 4K write. This seems to be the same for the successors 5200 and 5300.
  3. D

Confused about Micron 5100 performance with LSI2308 & ESXi passthru

I don't think so. The specs I found for 7.68 TB 5100 Eco's indicate low 4K write ops in steady state, only ~9000. Your result still seems to be above that number. Running benchmarks on a new or secure erased drive with enough idle time for the drive to clear its nand will give you better results...
  4. D

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Got mine last Thursday but only had time to do a quick check if it is working. Everything seems ok (boots and webui is running) but it is really loud. Mine has only one PSU installed. Is this the same with the other units? But what do you do with this tool without the shared secret? Is there a...
  5. D

WTB: Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI dual port tall bracket

Fortunately I have a fiber cable so I am currently running with the cards only supported by the pcie slot. But this can only be a temporary solution. I will look into a DIY job this weekend although I would still prefer an original bracket.
  6. D

WTB: Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI dual port tall bracket

Hi, I got 2 of these card with low profile brackets only and am looking for 2 tall ones. Saw the thread about the brackets from ahpconline which are said to fit, but they don't ship international and the bay looks empty.