WTB: Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI dual port tall bracket

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DDD

Oct 8, 2013
Germany
Hi,

I got 2 of these card with low profile brackets only and am looking for 2 tall ones. Saw the thread about the brackets from ahpconline which are said to fit, but they don't ship international and the bay looks empty.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
I don't know about the VPI series (with QSFP connectors), but the brackets are interchangeable between versions on the ConnectX EN cards (SFP+ based). The same brackets fit whether the card is ConnectX EN, ConnectX-2 EN or ConnectX-3 EN. Don't limit your search to just ConnectX-3 VPI brackets. If you see one for the older cards and it is cheap enough it would be worth buying/trying.

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
I don't know about the VPI series (with QSFP connectors), but the brackets are interchangeable between versions on the ConnectX EN cards (SFP+ based). The same brackets fit whether the card is ConnectX EN, ConnectX-2 EN or ConnectX-3 EN. Don't limit your search to just ConnectX-3 VPI brackets. If you see one for the older cards and it is cheap enough it would be worth buying/trying.
The QSFP are the same between X and X-3 because I've swapped those, pretty sure X-2 is the same as well.

I have an order for 8 tall brackets from ahpc (retarded shipping charges, but these are drop-shipped so it might really be mellanox's fault) and I only need 2 or 3 myself, but they are on backorder from mellanox for a month or so.

If you don't move your computer and are using fiber modules you don't really need brackets at all, but if you are using those thick as hell direct connect cables they can easily yank the nic out of the slot by weight alone :(

Last edited:

DDD

Oct 8, 2013
Germany
Fortunately I have a fiber cable so I am currently running with the cards only supported by the pcie slot. But this can only be a temporary solution. I will look into a DIY job this weekend although I would still prefer an original bracket.