Recent content by DarkServant

1. D

NVME U.2/3 Drive recommendations

Probably the Solidigm (D7-P5520) or Micron (7500 Pro). I don't know whats with WD & Seagate. Sadly Kioxia and Samsung are not on this list... If you take the 12,8tb versions you get easy 2-3x the write endurance and 1,5-2x write IOPS, if you need that, or a simple overprovisioning (~20-28%) via...
  2. D

PM9A3 Firmware / ERRORMOD related to fw version

There i found some output with Magician DC v2.0 parameter -H: -V [ --vendor-utility ] Enables the user to execute Vendor Utility command on specified disk Example: magician --disk 1 --vendor-utility --FAlog-dump [or] magician -d 1 -V -fa magician --disk 1 --vendor-utility --PLP-log [or]...
  3. D

Easy to overlook by all this model names "pm983, pm883a, pm893, pm893a, pm983a, etc.". Yeah even the pm893/897 got an "a" upgrade, there is some kind of a new v6 Prime V-NAND out with 133-layers. I'm surprised that the v7 176-layer and 236-layer v8 has not been seen in any enterprise/datacenter...
  4. D

Added Firmware for m.2 pm983 drives to the the repository. Look always for the first four digits, which represents the hardware revision/type, after this comes the f/w revision or version from 0 to F, next the vendor code, then probably some capabilities like SED/non-SED, lastly Q for ...Q? An...
  5. D

Look in the Repository, i found it yesterday on a Website from H3C... jxtc404q From mjshark is too alot of the files, many thanks.
  6. D

PM863 FW File

Hi, i've uploaded some new firmwares for the pm893, pm897, pm1653. Updated the ssdmanager tool too (DFDB_Basic.enc). I think now the samsung V-NAND v6 enterprise SATA drives are probably quite stable, or use the Intel/Solidigm alternatives D3-S4520/S4620 if you can get them. Samsung eSSD...
  7. D

You can't use the generic firmware on a drive which is customized for big company's (HPE, Dell, Amazon...). The -**AAZ indicates this at least. Version 3.0 of the Samsung DC Toolkit is out by the way. PS: Was away for about 6 months. An illness hit me hard and struck me down, or more the...
  8. D

am i the only one that hates 12gbps megaraid cards?

Oh, i think i do mostly the latter one... but there sure are options, problem would be the small quantities (Digikey...). Some info about mounting Hardware: QATS Heatsinks People already made a 3D-Printing-Model of an 40mm fan-holder for the 9300-8i/9311-8i nad others (DC-Axial-Fan Holders)...
  9. D

am i the only one that hates 12gbps megaraid cards?

Are these original LSI/Avago/Broadcom cards or some 3rd party ones? I've seen it's hard to get an original used 9300-8i these days... About this plastic Push-Pin problem, it's fairly common. If you can get brass ones which fit (size, "spring-pressure"), then the problem will be a thing of the...
  10. D

Bought some enterprise NVMe SSDs, keep hitting temperature errors

...but dont forget to use thermal-pads of different thickness. The Controller and DRAM have a different height than the NAND-Packages and PLP-Capacitors (some 0,5mm probably). Most of these Heatsinks are made for single-sided m.2 SSD's --> risk to damage some SMD-parts on the backside. custom...
  11. D

PM863 FW File

They should work for all capacities. It seems to be important that the first four digits (hardware-revision/generation) and the sixth&seventh match (e.g. GXT5*04Q, HXM7*04Q, EDA5*02Q --> *=firmware-revision, 0 to F).
  12. D

HPE PM1733 P16456-001, what are they compatible with?

Sadly, without any working connection you cannot even update the firmware for this pm1735 U.3 SSD (which seems to be only available from HPE on the market, otherwise all the pm1735 are AIC). If you can update it to HPK6, the chances are there that it will work.
  13. D

X12SPL-F Failing to boot after Bios

Yeah, i saw that i had to type in the BMC username and password before bios filename... was quite different on older systems. I had still in mind that one requires a license to update BIOS via BMC GUI, but this is no more. But having to short the cmos reset pad (stopped boot process after a long...
  14. D

Firmware package for Samsung SM883/MZ7KH3T8HALS

This should work on nearly any sata controller, at least one of the three tools... DCToolkit, Magician DC or SSDManager (cmd run as admin, probably not in the system root or better another drive). If not, use a live linux and force it with hdparm. MagicianDC has a parameter -E for trying to...
  15. D

X12SPL-F Failing to boot after Bios

I dont read the thread correctly, and only saw "boot troubles 1.4b"... Then i updated an X12SPL-F yesterday with the EFI flash-tool to a new 1.5 revision, and it stuck after the update process on POST... only a "hard" BIOS reset helped. The IPMI FW is updated too - version 01.01.45 If you use...