Recent content by DarkServant

1. D

HGST HUC109060CSS600 convert to IBM branded firmware

I found a tool named Niagara beside Hugo, but i've never touched one of the tools. Probably someone else has better in-depth knowledge. Beware that you can brick drives in notime with this stuff... better be careful! HGST Drive Stuff
  2. D

PM863 FW File

I grabbed them from Dell, and cut out the stuff to 1MiB with wxHexEditor. There is a Difference between sm/pm863 and sm/pm863a, the "a" has 48-layer gen.3 v-nand, the older non "a" have gen.2 32-layer v-nand PS: Link for different other FW's: UpdateTool - FWs - Datasheets
  3. D

PM863 FW File

Ah, there is the Link, where the info comes from: Samsung SSD resurrection – [mjuː]wave It looks like something important starts even if you trim away more (1044480 Bytes)?
  4. D

PM863 FW File

The size of the Firmware file has to be exactly 1MB (1048576 bytes) on the pm/sm863(a) series, then it should be ok. On the pm/sm883 and pm893/897 its 2,5MB (2621440 bytes).
  5. D

Firmware package for Samsung SM883/MZ7KH3T8HALS

The "M" or other alphanumerical values instead of the "0" means Vendor (like Dell, HP, Lenovo and dozen others), therefore i am not sure if it works... And the value before the Vendor is the FW-Version/Revision. A lot of issues are rare and only happen under specific circumstances but some of...
  6. D

...added Firmware GXM5304Q for the sm863a Series And you have to check for yourself with the compatibility, but in most cases they are SED capable "General TCG" (looks like the number in the firmware before Q has to be the same)
  7. D

I added some files to the share. But some FW's like the pm883: hxt7a04q or the pm983: eda5502q are from an unknown source. Use them at your own risk. I dont know how much the included encryption of the fw-files protect the contained information from modifications.
  8. D

Sorry, i am looking too for these files. The other (rather risky) option is force-flash truncated dell firmware. The one stock fw i have too is an JXTC304Q for the pm893. By pure luck, after searching hours of hours over years. Several attempts trying to contact samsung which was completely...
  9. D

PM9A3 Firmware / ERRORMOD related to fw version

Hope this helps some frustrated owners of the hardware... pm9a3 firmware and tool (windows) ...probably i get some troubles soon
  10. D

Finally i got the sm883 (HXM7904Q) and pm883 (HXT7904Q) firmwares.... Updatetool and FW-Files usage: ssdmanager.exe -d <disknumber> -AF -p <path to bin file> PS: thanks for nothing Samsung!
  11. D

CloudSpeed ECO 960GB disconnecting

If the SATA to USB enclosure is using an asmedia chipset, try to update it to the latest version. The firmware is most of the time generic and you can use one that is not from the case vendor directly. It can be too a problem, that the USB port does not deliver enough power for the drive or the...
  12. D

Samsung PM983 vs PM983a

Power envelope should be not higher than the non "a" version with 2,5watts idle ~8watts active on m.2 which is btw. a lot for this surface area. For the u.2 its 4watts idle, active 10,6watts. Possibly it's an issue with thermal throttling, or it is disabled on purpose? At around 100ºC thermal...
  13. D

Samsung PM983 vs PM983a

Hi, What i have seen on pictures of the pm983a is primary the change from gen.4 64-layer to gen.5 92-layer TLC V-NAND. On the m.2 22110 drives are more capacitors visible too. I dont know if they are "hard-firmware" overprovisioned or with namespaces. The overprovisioning via namespace can be...
  14. D

One risky way is using hdparm to force a truncated Dell Firmware to the drive. I saw this some time ago: Samsung SSD resurrection – [mjuː]wave Instead of exactly 1MB for the pm/sm863, its 2,5MB for the pm/sm883 i think. Latest FW from Dell seems to be HF58. The operation is risky, and you can...